CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lost Stitches (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20618)

Dianne Lewandowski August 1st 03 08:31 PM

Lost Stitches

Thanks to Maureen, and the lively conversation over the last couple of
days, plus a nudge by Linn in her last post, I spent an hour last night
digging out books, an hour this morning stitching, another hour drawing,
and more time setting up a page. Not done, yet. grin

The whole "roman stitch" and couching techniques just got me going.
They are *all* wonder stitches to have in your repertoire because they
have so many uses and create such wonderful textures.

I discovered another gray cell lapse, and the stitch I was thinking of
was romanian stitch.

This has been fun. I'm so glad Maureen brought it up, because this past
year, I've had a hard time keeping up, and this got me going again.
Well, this and a stumpwork piece. grin

Which brings me back to: pointy needles. It's not the points that are
a bother. Well, okay, I sew myself into a stitch sometimes. It's the
EYE that makes you sore. My callouses are reforming and there's fewer
"ouches" as I go along. Pliers have been a good friend the last week.
Thank goodness for strong and long thumbnails.

Dianne

Linn Skinner August 2nd 03 12:58 AM

Dianne:

Which brings me back to: pointy needles. It's not the points that are
a bother. Well, okay, I sew myself into a stitch sometimes. It's the
EYE that makes you sore. My callouses are reforming and there's fewer
"ouches" as I go along. Pliers have been a good friend the last week.
Thank goodness for strong and long thumbnails.

Dianne

I don't use a thimble but if I'm getting a miserable finger - I simple wrap
a bit of fabric stretchy adhesive tape around it or the stick on thimbles
aren't bad either.

Linn