CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Another moebius finished. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83047)

Bernadette April 22nd 07 05:20 PM

Another moebius finished.

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day to
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

Aud April 22nd 07 07:55 PM

Another moebius finished.

"Bernadette" skrev i melding

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use this
stitch again!

Bernadette, I have no problem to see why you will use another pattern!

But apart from THAT : This moebius is exquisite!
Congratulations!
AUD ;-)

DAB April 22nd 07 08:55 PM

Another moebius finished.

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch was
more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where every even
numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo boo.
The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a plain scarf.

Donna

Brenda[_2_] April 22nd 07 09:14 PM

Another moebius finished.

That is simply gorgeous. I can't imagine ever being good enough to do
something like that.

Brenda

Vintage Purls April 22nd 07 09:53 PM

Another moebius finished.

Lovely! I know what you mean about lace patterns that require
concentration on every row - but aren't they worth it for the result?

VP

Bernadette April 23rd 07 11:30 AM

Another moebius finished.

YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a
day to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't
use this stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

end quoted

Bernadette. . .

BEEEE-EAUUUUU-Ti-Mus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
Noreen

Thanks Noreen, I lerned a lot from making this one.

Bernadette April 23rd 07 11:35 AM

Another moebius finished.

Aud wrote:

"Bernadette" skrev i melding

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a
day to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just
won't use this stitch again!

Bernadette, I have no problem to see why you will use another pattern!

But apart from THAT : This moebius is exquisite!
Congratulations!
AUD ;-)

Thank you Aud.

I have a lot of other lace stitches to play with now. :-) I found a
super site where they'd compiled a stitch index at
http://www.knittingfool.com/index.cfm

I can't guarantee how correct each instruction is but have made up some
test swatches for some of the lace stitches that don't carry a picture
with them.

Bernadette April 23rd 07 11:42 AM

Another moebius finished.

DAB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:
It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a day
to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't use
this stitch again!

OMG that is gorgeous and I would not have a clue on how to fix a boo
boo. The pattern would be nice also with a heavier weight yarn for a
plain scarf.

Donna

Thanks Donna - nor did I have a clue at first :-(

It meant unpicking back about 2 rows until I got to the place where the
stitches were where they were meant to be. It was a pain because being
a fluffy yarn I had to do it stitch by stitch or the mohair fibres
would have become matted.

It would be easier to do on straight needles, I think, so if you want
the stitch instructions I can let you have them. You would have to work
out how many stitches to cast on in a thicker yarn but that'd be easy
for you to do if you made a test swatch.

Bernadette April 23rd 07 11:45 AM

Another moebius finished.

Brenda wrote:

That is simply gorgeous. I can't imagine ever being good enough to
do something like that.

Brenda
"Bernadette" wrote in message

It took a little more time than the first one I made as the stitch
was more complicated. The first one had an 8 row pattern where
every even numbered row was purled and only odd numbered rows were
patterned.

This one was only over 6 rows but every row was patterned and took
total concentration. I only went wrong once but it took nearly a
day to unpick and correct. I shall make more of them - I just won't
use this stitch again!

http://snipurl.com/1hkqs
http://snipurl.com/1hkqu
http://snipurl.com/1hkqv
http://snipurl.com/1hkqx

--

Thank you Brenda.

It isn't too difficult to do, but that stitch was a beast. There are
plenty of others that are easier and would take less concentration.
Next time I think I'll use one of them! ;-)

Bernadette April 23rd 07 11:47 AM

Another moebius finished.

Vintage Purls wrote:

Lovely! I know what you mean about lace patterns that require
concentration on every row - but aren't they worth it for the result?

VP

Thanks VP - and yes, I think it was worth it.

I didn't think that way a couple of times :-(
but soon got over the tantrum once I'd corrected the error.