CraftBanter

-   Carving (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=92303)

Bitstreams February 8th 08 09:26 PM

Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps

Hello,

As part of the decoration of my hall I'm planning to put in oak
'steps' where the level changes (in 2 places).

I plan to insert a short piece of oak across the width of the hall
(only a metre) and wanted to have a small design carved in to it -
this would happen twice, with a Canadian Maple leaf carved in to one
and a Tudor rose in the other.

I think it's only a small job, but one I want completed well. All the
sculptors sites I've found locally make this project look very
insignificant.

Does anyone have any suggestions of sites or individuals I could
approach?

regards
Simojn

John O. Kopf February 9th 08 12:03 AM

Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps

contact Chip Chats at: http://www.chipchats.org/
and tell them what you're looking for, and where you're located; they'll
help put you in touch with someone in your area.

JK

Bitstreams February 9th 08 01:57 PM

Bitstreams wrote:

Hello,

As part of the decoration of my hall I'm planning to put in oak
'steps' where the level changes (in 2 places).

I plan to insert a short piece of oak across the width of the hall
(only a metre) and wanted to have a small design carved in to it -
this would happen twice, with a Canadian Maple leaf carved in to one
and a Tudor rose in the other.

I think it's only a small job, but one I want completed well. All the
sculptors sites I've found locally make this project look very
insignificant.

Does anyone have any suggestions of sites or individuals I could
approach?

regards
Simojn- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, should have said I am in the UK

Simon

John O. Kopf February 9th 08 06:25 PM

Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps

It's the magazine of the National Wood Carvers Association, and the
groupt has many menbers in the UK - contact them anyway.

JK

name February 11th 08 11:00 AM

Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps

Bitstreams skreiv:
Hello,

As part of the decoration of my hall I'm planning to put in oak
'steps' where the level changes (in 2 places).

I plan to insert a short piece of oak across the width of the hall
(only a metre) and wanted to have a small design carved in to it -
this would happen twice, with a Canadian Maple leaf carved in to one
and a Tudor rose in the other.

I think it's only a small job, but one I want completed well. All the
sculptors sites I've found locally make this project look very
insignificant.

Does anyone have any suggestions of sites or individuals I could
approach?

Have a look he
http://www.mastercarvers.co.uk/