CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Stitch Witchery REMOVAL (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37539)

gouda February 16th 04 06:17 PM

Stitch Witchery REMOVAL

Help! I used Stitch Witchery to add a border on a skirt, which I have
subsequently removed from the skirt. The inside hem now has leftover
Stitch Witchery all over it, which has generated giant snags in my
brand new pantyhose!

How on earth do I remove this stuff???

Thanks!

gouda

Penny S February 16th 04 07:55 PM

gouda retorted :
Help! I used Stitch Witchery to add a border on a skirt, which I have
subsequently removed from the skirt. The inside hem now has leftover
Stitch Witchery all over it, which has generated giant snags in my
brand new pantyhose!

How on earth do I remove this stuff???

Thanks!

gouda

goof off? (hardware store)

the other one February 16th 04 11:37 PM

(gouda) wrote in message . com...
Help! I used Stitch Witchery to add a border on a skirt, which I have
subsequently removed from the skirt. The inside hem now has leftover
Stitch Witchery all over it, which has generated giant snags in my
brand new pantyhose!

How on earth do I remove this stuff???

Thanks!

gouda

I'm sure there are better ways, but I did this with something years
ago. Heat it with your iron held about an inch above the goo. Zap
the mess with steam - then rub with a wide, flat eraser. Don't over
heat it. You don't want that mess seeping deeper into your fabric.
Just soften it up so it will give up it's hold. It may not take it
all off, but you'll save your pantyhose!

Gail

AmazeR February 17th 04 02:21 AM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:37:21 -0800, the other one wrote:

(gouda) wrote in message
. com...
Help! I used Stitch Witchery to add a border on a skirt, which I have

How on earth do I remove this stuff???

Thanks!

gouda

I'm sure there are better ways, but I did this with something years ago.
Heat it with your iron held about an inch above the goo. Zap

What about freezing it? I've done this with gum...

Mavis

Charlotte February 17th 04 03:27 PM

gouda wrote:

How on earth do I remove this stuff???

I know you want to remove it, but if all else fails perhaps you could
apply some hem tape to cover it.

-Charlotte

velma929 February 18th 04 05:27 PM

How Much do you like the skirt? If you have these two things, test on
a hidden spot, it can damage fabric.

Everblum + denatured alcohol. (Rubbing alcohol won't work) Just
dribble a little of each onto a piece of cheesecloth and rub on the
stitch witchery. NOTE: Alcohol will remove the color from some
fabrics.

Emily February 19th 04 12:20 AM

I buy Goo-Gone at TSWLTH and it does work wonders, even removing the heavy
glue on the windshield where the Tollway tags are glued, however I have not
tried it on Stitch Witchery.
Good luck!
Emily

Carey1003 February 19th 04 03:23 AM

I buy Goo-Gone at TSWLTH and it does work wonders,

Will it work on my iron sole plate? My grandaughter was working with heat n
bond today and now the sole plate is goo in spots.

Carey

Jenn Ridley February 19th 04 03:36 AM

(Carey1003) wrote:

I buy Goo-Gone at TSWLTH and it does work wonders,

Will it work on my iron sole plate? My grandaughter was working with heat n
bond today and now the sole plate is goo in spots.

I wouldn't use Goo-Gone on an iron. It's a petroleum distillate, and
I wouldn't want to get it hot.

OTOH, Dritz makes a sole-plate cleaner, intended to be used on a hot
iron. I find it works well on transfer webbing and fusible
interfacing adhesives

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

Pogonip February 19th 04 05:07 AM

Jenn Ridley wrote:

(Carey1003) wrote:

I buy Goo-Gone at TSWLTH and it does work wonders,

Will it work on my iron sole plate? My grandaughter was working with heat n
bond today and now the sole plate is goo in spots.

I wouldn't use Goo-Gone on an iron. It's a petroleum distillate, and
I wouldn't want to get it hot.

OTOH, Dritz makes a sole-plate cleaner, intended to be used on a hot
iron. I find it works well on transfer webbing and fusible
interfacing adhesives

jenn

Before buying the Dritz stuff, try using an old credit
card as a scraper. I have had good luck scraping stuff
off. No chemicals, just a little elbow grease.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/