CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT, from Gillian (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=75831)

[email protected] September 27th 06 03:05 PM

OT, from Gillian

Just to let you know the puns roll on!!

Gillian, now in Vermont!

Mr. Schwartz owned a furniture store specializing in ornate antiques in
the baroque style. He had walking pneumonia last month and was in one
of the baroque style chairs rubbing Vicks VapoRub on his aching chest
when he serendipitously discovered that the soothing ointment gave the
furniture a wonderful, deep, rich shine.

He immediately told all the other furniture store owners since their
furniture was more modern in style and they were not competitors.

Soon he got reports that the Vicks treatment not only failed to work on
the modern furniture, but ruined some of it.

Mr. Schwartz is very unpopular now, and his only consolation is that he
learned one important rule:

"If it's not baroque,

don't Vicks it!"

ellice September 27th 06 03:29 PM

OT, from Gillian

On 9/27/06 10:05 AM, " wrote:

Just to let you know the puns roll on!!

Gillian, now in Vermont!

Mr. Schwartz owned a furniture store specializing in ornate antiques in
the baroque style. He had walking pneumonia last month and was in one
of the baroque style chairs rubbing Vicks VapoRub on his aching chest
when he serendipitously discovered that the soothing ointment gave the
furniture a wonderful, deep, rich shine.

He immediately told all the other furniture store owners since their
furniture was more modern in style and they were not competitors.

Soon he got reports that the Vicks treatment not only failed to work on
the modern furniture, but ruined some of it.

Mr. Schwartz is very unpopular now, and his only consolation is that he
learned one important rule:

"If it's not baroque,

don't Vicks it!"

OUCH! Good to hear from you, Gillian.... Even if it hurt a bit. ;^)

ellice

Joan E. September 27th 06 05:33 PM

OT, from Gillian

wrote:

"If it's not baroque,

don't Vicks it!"

GROOOOAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Gill!

Happy camping!

Joan

Fred September 27th 06 05:57 PM

OT, from Gillian

OYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
Don't backstitch to email
just stitchit.

The closer you get to perfection
the harder it is to achieve.

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof",
"Oriental Maiden".

ups.com...

Cheryl Isaak September 27th 06 10:53 PM

OT, from Gillian

On 9/27/06 11:05 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

,in rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

Just to let you know the puns roll on!!

Gillian, now in Vermont!

Mr. Schwartz owned a furniture store specializing in ornate antiques in
the baroque style. He had walking pneumonia last month and was in one
of the baroque style chairs rubbing Vicks VapoRub on his aching chest
when he serendipitously discovered that the soothing ointment gave the
furniture a wonderful, deep, rich shine.

He immediately told all the other furniture store owners since their
furniture was more modern in style and they were not competitors.

Soon he got reports that the Vicks treatment not only failed to work on
the modern furniture, but ruined some of it.

Mr. Schwartz is very unpopular now, and his only consolation is that he
learned one important rule:

"If it's not baroque,

don't Vicks it!"

Oh Gillian ! Just as well you are out of range rotflmao

I'll get her for you!

Cheryl

Lucille September 27th 06 11:31 PM

OT, from Gillian

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
On 9/27/06 11:05 AM, in article
,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Can you give her a little whatever for me too? It will be a great meeting.
Lucille

Cheryl

You do that and each of you have an extra drink on me lol Have a good
time.

Cheryl Isaak September 28th 06 12:17 AM

OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak ,in
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Hmm - does that mean we skip the stash shopping?

Cheryl

Cheryl Isaak September 28th 06 12:18 AM

OT, from Gillian

On 9/27/06 6:31 PM, in article
, "Lucille"

"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Now - how many of the gang can I get here!

Cheryl

Brenda Lewis September 28th 06 12:28 AM

OT, from Gillian

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Hmm - does that mean we skip the stash shopping?

LOL! I read this after reading your "Busted" post.

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader

[email protected] September 28th 06 12:34 AM

OT, from Gillian

[...]

..

Now - how many of the gang can I get here!

Cheryl

Get with me, Cheryl. We did a fast run into Concord, because DH just
HAD to drop a grand on a spiffy new camera at Circuit City!! I ran into
Michaels and spent 29 cents on a skein of floss!!

I discovered the grocery 10 miles down 93 has fresh kicking lobsters
for 5.99 lb. Running down there tomorrow for a couple; wonder what Jim
will eat LOL.

Seriously, NOTHING planned for the next six days, other than call the
94-yr old Step-mother in Concord, if she is still alive, and take her
out to lunch.

Oops, Jim just read from the paper that there is a craft fair in
Meridith on the 30th. we have WiFi albeit it is iffy!!

Do I need to bring body armor from all the threats???

love you all
Gill