CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   HuskyLock 430 (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=101013)

cwest February 13th 09 10:26 PM

HuskyLock 430

Hi All,
Does anyone know whether the cutting blade can be moved out of the way or
removed so that the overlocker does not cut the fabric as I overlock?!?

-------------------------------------
H*E*L*P P*L*E*A*S*E

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3766 messages and counting!

Kay Lancaster February 14th 09 10:42 AM

HuskyLock 430

On 13 Feb 2009 22:26:44 GMT, cwest carolynwest_at_
wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know whether the cutting blade can be moved out of the way or

removed so that the overlocker does not cut the fabric as I overlock?!?

The nature of the beast is that it should be in place and you should be
cutting just a little for ordinary 3 or 4 thread overlocking.

Holley[_2_] February 14th 09 04:54 PM

HuskyLock 430

Holley had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Hus...-430-4046-.htm :
Yes, You can push in and flip the blade up (toward you) out of the way.
The machine will sew that way, but you'll get a neater finish if you let
the trimming blade do its job.
cwest wrote:

Hi All,
Does anyone know whether the cutting blade can be moved out of the way
or
removed so that the overlocker does not cut the fabric as I overlock?!?

-------------------------------------
H*E*L*P P*L*E*A*S*E

Delivered via
http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
Web and RSS access to your
favorite newsgroup -
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3766 messages and counting!

-------------------------------------
Holley

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3769 messages and counting!

Kate XXXXXX February 14th 09 07:52 PM

HuskyLock 430

wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know whether the cutting blade can be moved out of the way or

removed so that the overlocker does not cut the fabric as I overlock?!?

The nature of the beast is that it should be in place and you should be
cutting just a little for ordinary 3 or 4 thread overlocking.

There are some processes where you don't want cutting at all - such as
blind hemming and decorative work in the middle of something. For this
you do need to turn the blade up out of the way.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

BEI Design February 14th 09 09:44 PM

HuskyLock 430

Kay Lancaster wrote:
On 13 Feb 2009 22:26:44 GMT, cwest wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone know whether the cutting blade can be moved
out of the way or

removed so that the overlocker does not cut the fabric as
I overlock?!?

The nature of the beast is that it should be in place and
you should be cutting just a little for ordinary 3 or 4
thread overlocking.

In some applications you *need* to be able to remove the
blade. For instance, if I want to finish a line of serging
"in the round" I do *not* want to cut the previously laid
down stitching, so I get back around to the starting point,
move the blade away, continue stitching another inch to
overlap the start, pull the needle thread out about an inch
so I can move the garment out of the stitching path, and
chain off. I just have to remember to move the blade back
into cutting position before starting the next item.

Beverly