CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   help find fabric (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52395)

sue June 26th 05 10:49 PM

help find fabric

Has anyone come across a fabric with dogwood blossoms on it?
TIA
K Sue

bckwrds June 26th 05 11:34 PM

Has anyone come across a fabric with dogwood blossoms on it?
TIA
K Sue

Seems like one of the "state" materials had dogwood bloossoms
but I'm not sure....and I not longer have the catalog so I'm not
much help. But I do seem to remember there was one out there
somewhere.

Donna

BEI Design June 27th 05 06:22 AM

"bckwrds" wrote in message
Has anyone come across a fabric with dogwood blossoms on it?
TIA
K Sue

Seems like one of the "state" materials had dogwood bloossoms
but I'm not sure....and I not longer have the catalog so I'm not
much help. But I do seem to remember there was one out there
somewhere.

The provincial flower of British Columbia is the Pacific Dogwood:

http://canadaonline.about.com/librar...rovflowers.htm

Mayhap one of the denizens of the far north can locate some
dogwood-print fabric? ;-)

Seriously, I found:

http://www.goantiques.com/search/ite...source=VYZ4474

http://www.wallpapershowroom.com/Mer...whke7154606 f

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Doreen June 27th 05 06:46 AM

sue wrote:
Has anyone come across a fabric with dogwood blossoms on it?
TIA
K Sue

I don't know how much you need...on eBay just now there is a half yard he
http://tinyurl.com/cawwu

and there are three yards he
http://tinyurl.com/9wgbg

One yard here, but there's more emphasis on the birds than on the
dogwood blossoms:
http://tinyurl.com/83g7z

There's also a listing for a feedsack that says dogwoods, but I'm not
sure that's what the flowers a
http://tinyurl.com/7k2k3

Doreen in Alabama

Kay Lancaster June 27th 05 10:42 AM

Try posting a request he http://www.fabrics.net/special.asp

Donna June 27th 05 04:19 PM

Lots of dogwood fabric on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/dogwood-
fabric_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZdogwood*Q20fabr ic

--
~Donna~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cynthia Spilsted June 28th 05 09:27 AM

The feedsack doesn't look like dogwoods to me! (But then, I'm thinking of
our provincial flower the Pacific Dogwood. We tend to cheat a little in
BC - that's why we have two trees as emblems: the western red cedar as our
tree and the dogwood as our flower. Having been stuck up in the crown of a
dogwood, I can tell you it's a tree!)
Cynthia
"Doreen" wrote in message
ink.net...

Doreen June 28th 05 01:03 PM

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
The feedsack doesn't look like dogwoods to me! (But then, I'm thinking of
our provincial flower the Pacific Dogwood. We tend to cheat a little in
BC - that's why we have two trees as emblems: the western red cedar as our
tree and the dogwood as our flower. Having been stuck up in the crown of a
dogwood, I can tell you it's a tree!)
Cynthia

Cynthia,

I didn't think the feedsack is dogwood either.

I googled for images of your Pacific Dogwood, and it's lovely...the
blossoms appear to have more petals than our variety:

http://pair.com/threets/dogwood.jpg (in front of my house)

Doreen in Alabama

sue June 28th 05 11:28 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I just subscribed to this group and never
expected a reply. YOu folks are great. I loved the stuff that was
already sold. Guess I'll keep looking.
K Sue