http://www.zincweb.co.uk/virus_news_swen.htm

removal tool info
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

Clooniff September 22nd 03 11:16 PM

That removal tool only appeared midday today. So I used it. Twice through
the scan it closed my computer. So I went back to their (this morning)
instructions for doing it all manually. I think I've finally gotten rid of
it. Though I found that net.exe had managed to sneak back in. Meanwhile my
DH's computer suddenly had the backdoor.rtfix virus. Noone can figure out
how his computer got infected because it's behind all kinds of firewalls, he
doesn't keep an address book, and all his e-mail has to get through the
university mainframe.

So, another day lost to the internet nasties.

Betty in CT
wrote in message
m...
My DS suggested these sites to help fix the problem. It won't stop spam

but
it will tell you if you have the virus and clean it out.

Jan

SWEN: Worm.Automat.AHB virus
aka
mircrosoft patch email spam