CraftBanter

-   -   OT Finally Closing! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140196)

Night Mist November 27th 17 05:05 PM

OT Finally Closing!

After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
We close this Friday.
I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.

[email protected] November 28th 17 02:31 AM

OT Finally Closing!

Wow!
What a gift for this season, huh?

Congratulations!

Ginger in CA
[email to reply is ]

Night Mist December 1st 17 11:06 PM

OT Finally Closing!

WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

Liz Megerle December 1st 17 11:20 PM

OT Finally Closing!

YEEHAW!!
Congratulations and felicitations.
Liz

[email protected] December 2nd 17 12:18 AM

OT Finally Closing!

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 3:06:44 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

SUPER!!!!!!! Enjoy it's being yours!
We bought a home in Feb, couldn't move in until May. But it's ours and we can hang all the Family pixs we want!
Butterfly

[email protected] December 2nd 17 04:03 PM

OT Finally Closing!

yeah!
Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home.

Ginger in CA
[email to respond if ]

[email protected] December 28th 17 05:28 AM

OT Finally Closing!

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 09:06:44 UTC+11, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

I havent checked in for a while but want to say I have very happy for you.

whatnot2love January 12th 18 05:23 PM

OT Finally Closing!

Congratulations!