CraftBanter

-   -   OT - Amazing Race (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=45431)

Sharon Harper February 26th 05 11:31 AM

OT - Amazing Race

Wow! When you guys told me the new series would be more
....umm...controversial than the last I didn't think it possible. I thought
Colin had anger problems but Jonathan - oh heavens! We've just seen the
episode where they have the pit stop in Berlin. When he clouted her over
the head outside the Brandenburg Gate I felt like reaching into the TV and
....and... oooooooooooh!

And what's with Kendra? Does she not realise that the taxi driver can
understand her? Her distorted views of Senegal made me ashamed to be white
and from a non-third world country. She needs to grow up. Not every
country is as fortunate as the one she comes from but that is no reason to
rub their faces in it - "and they keep breeding". Lord help us.

Still, it keeps me glued to the set each week AND DH and I are talking about
extending the trip we do in a few years to include Egypt, Africa and now the
girls want to go to Europe, so it looks like around the world in 6 weeks -
and the way DH has been travelling it'll be frequent flyers all the way.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Debbi February 26th 05 03:28 PM

Forgot you were one series behind us. The newest one begins on Tuesday. We
warned you that Jonathan is a piece of work! He and Victoria were on Dr.
Phil (a psycologist talk show) and Dr. Phil looked at Jonathan and asked him
point blank, "Are you a jerk?" Never got a real answer since Victoria was
answering for him-- Phil figured out real early that Jonathan had prompted
her on what to say on the show.

Debbi in SO CA

Sharon Harper February 26th 05 09:30 PM

I used to hate Dr Phil but occasionally he has a good show. I can't quite
figure out who to support in this series of the race. Last series was easy
(yaaaaay Chuck and Kim), this one I'm not sure. I think Gus and Hera and
the kids are going for Hayden and Aaron.

taria February 26th 05 10:26 PM

my daughter the geography major spent a lot of time yelling
"go geographer". I can't remember the names but they were
the long distance daters that seemed to be having a fun time.
One thing about the amazing race and survivor is dd and I sit
and watch together every week. Sometimes we have to tape but
we make an effort to watch together.
Taria

Sharon Harper February 27th 05 07:50 AM

I usually watch and tape it and then the family all sit together on the
weekend to watch it. And if DH is away and comes back well I usually see
most shows about 3 times!