CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So How Cool Are Typewriter Key Bracelets? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=565)

Tink July 30th 03 04:21 PM

So How Cool Are Typewriter Key Bracelets?

I absolutely LOVE them! I have no idea how one would go about making one,
but I have an old typewriter in the attic... Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Steve & Susan Wright July 30th 03 05:09 PM

Don't have one but couldn't you just pop the key, set in a silver bezel and
link them? Another idea would be to take the keys off, file the back smooth
and glue a finding to the back. Maybe one of those glue on cab bracelets?

Susan W

Dr. Sooz July 30th 03 06:37 PM

I have 3 necklaces that are made from antique switchboard buttons (numbers).
They are so cool. I don't like the necklaces -- just the beads -- so I'm
planning to take them apart.

I absolutely LOVE them! I have no idea how one would go about making one,
but I have an old typewriter in the attic... Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

MaryJLind July 30th 03 08:30 PM

Pictures, please?

Christina Peterson July 30th 03 10:16 PM

Did you see the key watches on this page?
http://www.strokeofart.com/watches.htm

Tina

"Tink" wrote in message
There's some great stuff on this site:
http://www.strokeofart.com/

I love pretty much everything there, not just the typewriter stuff.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"MaryJLind" wrote in message
Pictures, please?

Helen Page July 30th 03 10:30 PM

Tink wrote:
There's some great stuff on this site:
http://www.strokeofart.com/

*KLUNK!!!!*

Dr. Sooz July 30th 03 11:04 PM

Check out this guy for the ultimate in artful recycling. Someday I will attend
one of his workshops, I swear! Someday.

Lo Bue, Keith: jewelry from found objects
http://www.lobue-art.com/
~~
Sooz
-------

Sue Lund July 31st 03 02:44 AM

There's some great stuff on this site:
http://www.strokeofart.com/

We have a store in town that's selling some watches and jewelry made from old
type keys. I wonder if it is from this guy? Hmm....guess I'll hafta go back
and take a peice.....er.....take a PEEK, and see who made them!

Suedo
(like "pseudo", though I'm no phony baloney!)
http://members.aol.com/suedotlund

Namaste

Dr. Sooz July 31st 03 02:59 AM

I think you had better!

. Someday I will attend
one of his workshops, I swear! Someday.

I really will -- a friend of mine took one last year. She LOVED it.
~~
Sooz
-------