CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Looking for two needlework books... (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=56021)

Pat in Illinois September 1st 05 03:15 AM

Looking for two needlework books...

The second one was probably "The Subversive Stitch" by Roszika Parker.
Try here -

http://www.amazon.com/
exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0415902061/
qid=1125540794/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/
103-8341894-1618225?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Cut and paste the url so it's all one line in your web browser. It's a
great book!

Pat in Illinois

The second book is also from the 70s-80s and I believe the author and
publisher were British. The publisher had a neat name like "Steam On"
or "Iron Will Press". I cannot remember the title for the life of me.
It was a history of needlework as related to feminism. It was a white
paperback with a older seeming picture of a woman sewing. It had a
picture section that featured modern embroidery - I can recall a field
of women's symbols.

Do either of these sound familiar to anyone? TIA!

Best,
Christine

[email protected] September 1st 05 05:02 AM

Hi Pat,

Thanks!!!! That's it exactly! And it's still in the local library
system. Awesome job, you should be working there :-) It is a great
book, that's why I was looking for it for a friend.

Best,
Christine