CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   FO: NYCO #1, finally (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=74334)

Georgia August 23rd 06 05:54 AM

FO: NYCO #1, finally

Around the first of the month, I finally finished the Aran-style cardigan
vest I cast on January 1 (NYCO #2 (the multi-patterned socks) got finished
in April)--a whole month before I anticipated. It's taken me a while to get
it photographed, and I didn't realize until I was posting the pictures that
it was hanging slightly crooked. Oh well, it really is symmetrical.

Pictures are at the bottom of the page:
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

Current project is a pair of silk wool socks. THese are being knitted at the
same time, top down, on two circulars, so that if I run out of yarn, and
have to do the toes and heels with something that contrasts a little, at
least both socks will be the same.

Georgia
http://georgiamorgan.net

Katherine August 23rd 06 08:37 PM

NYCO #1, finally

Georgia wrote:
Around the first of the month, I finally finished the Aran-style
cardigan vest I cast on January 1 (NYCO #2 (the multi-patterned
socks) got finished in April)--a whole month before I anticipated.
It's taken me a while to get it photographed, and I didn't realize
until I was posting the pictures that it was hanging slightly
crooked. Oh well, it really is symmetrical.

Pictures are at the bottom of the page:
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

Current project is a pair of silk wool socks. THese are being knitted
at the same time, top down, on two circulars, so that if I run out of
yarn, and have to do the toes and heels with something that contrasts
a little, at least both socks will be the same.

Georgia
http://georgiamorgan.net

That is lovely, Georgia! I like the style and the colour.
Congratulations.

Higs,
Katherine

Aud August 23rd 06 09:22 PM

NYCO #1, finally

"Georgia" skrev i melding
m...
[...]

beautiful work, Geogia!!
And I had to have a look at everything, beautiful children too!
AUD ;-))

Georgia August 23rd 06 10:46 PM

NYCO #1, finally

Thanks, Aud. I will take credit for the knitting--I designed the vest to
improve on a hand-me down from my daughter (now a beautiful adult) that I
liked except that it was...just not my color.
As for the children, I think they must be an example of "hybrid" vigor!

Georgia

"Aud" wrote in message

"Georgia" skrev i melding
m...

Georgia August 23rd 06 10:47 PM

NYCO #1, finally

Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to fit me a
little more closely....

Higs,
Georgia

Katherine August 24th 06 01:22 AM

NYCO #1, finally

Georgia wrote:
Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to fit
me a little more closely....

Well, if you can't shrink it, that colour would look good on me. g

Higs,
Katherine

YarnWright August 24th 06 02:05 AM

NYCO #1, finally

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:22:58 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Georgia wrote:
Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to fit
me a little more closely....

Well, if you can't shrink it, that colour would look good on me. g

Higs,
Katherine

I missed Geourgia's original post, so first want to say, congrats to
HER!
Now, Katherine, as for YOUR comment, above, S P L O R T!!!!
LOLOLOL
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0634-1, 08/23/2006
Tested: 8/23/2006 8:05:09 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Katherine August 24th 06 03:17 AM

NYCO #1, finally

Georgia wrote:
Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to fit
me a little more closely....

Well, if you can't shrink it, that colour would look good on me. g

Higs,
Katherine

I missed Geourgia's original post, so first want to say, congrats to
HER!
Now, Katherine, as for YOUR comment, above, S P L O R T!!!!
LOLOLOL

Well, I figure I might as well drop hints. g And the gifts you
knit/crochet for y our mother and sister who don't appreciate them - well,
you know I would. g

Higs,
Katherine

YarnWright August 24th 06 04:44 AM

NYCO #1, finally

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:17:47 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Georgia wrote:
Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to fit
me a little more closely....

Well, if you can't shrink it, that colour would look good on me. g

Higs,
Katherine

I missed Geourgia's original post, so first want to say, congrats to
HER!
Now, Katherine, as for YOUR comment, above, S P L O R T!!!!
LOLOLOL

Well, I figure I might as well drop hints. g And the gifts you
knit/crochet for y our mother and sister who don't appreciate them - well,
you know I would. g

Higs,
Katherine

nod nod nod, I KNOW that, dear heart! As would JJ, my little sis!
My POSTAGE budget is what's holding back my gifting you and she!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0634-1, 08/23/2006
Tested: 8/23/2006 10:44:24 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Katherine August 24th 06 02:11 PM

NYCO #1, finally

Georgia wrote:
Thanks, Katherine. Now if I could only shrink it just enough to
fit me a little more closely....

Well, if you can't shrink it, that colour would look good on me.

Higs,
Katherine

I missed Geourgia's original post, so first want to say, congrats to
HER!
Now, Katherine, as for YOUR comment, above, S P L O R T!!!!
LOLOLOL

Well, I figure I might as well drop hints. g And the gifts you
knit/crochet for y our mother and sister who don't appreciate them -
well, you know I would. g

Higs,
Katherine

nod nod nod, I KNOW that, dear heart! As would JJ, my little sis!
My POSTAGE budget is what's holding back my gifting you and she!

Then you'll have to move here! g

Higs,
Katherine