CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bucilla kit question (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139060)

[email protected] December 9th 13 05:46 PM

Bucilla kit question

I have occasionally done needlepoint projects over the years, and I have a new kit that I want to start. The last kit i did i somehow made a minor mistake in assigning the colors and ran out of yarn, but was able to salvage it by buying the same kit off of ebay lol. I figured I would pay closer attention to the directions this time and step 5 in the directions says to separate the strands of yarn and there is a depiction of two hands pulling apart the 3 ply strand into what looks like a 2 ply strand and a single strand. I have never done this before in any kit I have done and never run out of yarn except this last time. If I do separate the strands, do I separate them all to single ply? I have never done this before and never had a problem. Thanks for any input;)

Cheryl Isaak December 10th 13 11:14 AM

Bucilla kit question

On 12/9/13, 12:46 PM, wrote:
I have occasionally done needlepoint projects over the years, and I
have a new kit that I want to start. The last kit i did i somehow
made a minor mistake in assigning the colors and ran out of yarn,
but was able to salvage it by buying the same kit off of ebay lol. I
figured I would pay closer attention to the directions this time and
step 5 in the directions says to separate the strands of yarn and
there is a depiction of two hands pulling apart the 3 ply strand into
what looks like a 2 ply strand and a single strand. I have never
done this before in any kit I have done and never run out of yarn
except this last time. If I do separate the strands, do I separate
them all to single ply? I have never done this before and never had
a problem. Thanks for any input;)

Hi

doesn't the kit tell you how many strands to use? Even when I'm using
all three stands of yarn I separate them and then recombine them

Cherl

[email protected] January 2nd 14 12:53 AM

Bucilla kit question

I have had kits call for separation of 3 ply strands into 2. The 3rd strand you mate with another single strand and so one.

My big caveat on kits is: you can almost count on running out of background wool, so load up first even if it means buying all new. I am right now buying all new tap wool for a background. I had to cut out dozens of hours of work, growling all the way. Rather than try to find a match, I am starting fresh with a ton of new wool.