CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mirjam (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=111109)

[email protected] October 9th 10 02:37 PM

Mirjam

I think you were the one that made a moebius? I used to read this group
and think I'm remembering correctly. Anyway I have started crocheting
one but don't know how wide or long it should be. I'm using a "K"
crochet hook and worsted weight yarn so it seems loose enough. I am
doing 25 stitches across. Dont know if that is going to be too wide,
but I want to be able to put it on my head at times. Any suggestions?

Carol Ann in WV

mirjam October 9th 10 06:54 PM

Mirjam

On Oct 9, 3:37*pm, wrote:
I think you were the one that made a moebius? *I used to read this group
and think I'm remembering correctly. *Anyway I have started crocheting
one but don't know how wide or long it should be. *I'm using a "K"
crochet hook and worsted weight yarn so it seems loose enough. *I am
doing 25 stitches across. *Dont know if that is going to be too wide,
but I want to be able to put it on my head at times. *Any suggestions?

Carol Ann in WV

Hallo Carol
If you started in the middle [= make it one piece ] and work your way
outwards than you can decide on the width at any minute
ideal measurements are about 192 cm circumference of the
moebious ,,,,
minimal width [so you can use it as Hat+Scarf 35 cm
make a guague and calculate , how many stitches you must make , i
advice to cast on in Double Crochet [UK] Or treble cast on
if you have any more questions please ask
mirjam

[email protected] October 11th 10 12:43 AM

Mirjam

Thanks for the information.

Carol Ann