CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ancient jewelry exhibation (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=99426)

mbstevens December 2nd 08 02:47 AM

Ancient jewelry exhibation

http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition:
Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

minkiemink December 2nd 08 05:11 PM

On Dec 1, 6:47=A0pm, mbstevens wrote:
http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition:
Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

Thanks MB! I am in NY for a few days. I will go and look today!

;)

Minkie

sunrainor December 3rd 08 04:51 PM

On Dec 2, 10:47=A0pm, mbstevens wrote:
http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition:
Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

Thanks for the link - can't go see the exhibition, but the article at
least give a peep!

minkiemink December 4th 08 04:57 PM

On Dec 3, 8:51=A0am, sunrainor wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:47=3DA0pm, mbstevens wrote:

http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition:
Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

Thanks for the link - can't go see the exhibition, but the article at
least give a peep!

I went! It was not only a great show with wonderful examples of the
time period, the gallery is so little known that I was completely
alone and could take my time and take pictures! Thank you again for
posting this. Back in LA now, and wondering what little known
galleries are around here......

;)

Minkie

mbstevens December 5th 08 04:10 AM

Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:57:30 -0800, minkiemink wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:51 am, sunrainor wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:47 pm, mbstevens
wrote:

http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html
National Jewelry Institute's exhibition: Now at Forbes gallery,
traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--
Cheers,
mbstevens

Thanks for the link - can't go see the exhibition, but the article at
least give a peep!

I went! It was not only a great show with wonderful examples of the time
period, the gallery is so little known that I was completely alone and
could take my time and take pictures! Thank you again for posting this.
Back in LA now, and wondering what little known galleries are around
here......

;)

Minkie

Glad you liked it. There was a small article
about it in this month's Art News. That raw,
hand worked stuff is a badly needed counterpoint
to all the the slick minimalism slithering out of
the designer ducts at the local mall.

Abrasha December 7th 08 03:54 AM

wrote:

[...]

"Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve"

Gae Aulenti, architect

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

mbstevens December 7th 08 07:35 AM

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:54:54 -0800, Abrasha wrote:

mbstevens wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:57:30 -0800, minkiemink wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:51 am, sunrainor wrote:
On Dec 2, 10:47 pm, mbstevens wrote:

http://www.forbesgalleries.com/jewelrygallery.html National Jewelry
Institute's exhibition: Now at Forbes gallery, traveling to
Field Museum in Chicago next year.
--

(...snip...)

Glad you liked it. There was a small article about it in this month's
Art News. That raw, hand worked stuff is a badly needed counterpoint
to all the the slick minimalism slithering out of the designer ducts at
the local mall.

"Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve"

Gae Aulenti, architect

To advocate simplicity
in either design or art
I would want a link between
simplicity and aesthetic goodness,
not a link between simplicity and
difficulty.

Abrasha December 8th 08 09:28 AM

mbstevens wrote:
[...]

Obviously, you don't get her point. I don't think you ever will.

"aesthetic goodness" as you call it, is not something you have a firm
grasp of.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

lemelman December 8th 08 05:01 PM

Abrasha wrote:

"Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve"

Gae Aulenti, architect

Mathematicians call it "elegance".

--
Regards, Gary Wooding

mbstevens December 8th 08 05:01 PM

Ancient jewelry exhibation

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:28:46 -0800, Abrasha wrote:
snippage
"Simplicity is the most difficult thing to achieve"

Gae Aulenti, architect

To advocate simplicity
in either design or art
I would want a link between
simplicity and aesthetic goodness,
not a link between simplicity and
difficulty.

Obviously, you don't get her point. I don't think you ever will.

Well, why don't you just spell her point
out for us in the clearest terms you can,
instead of making rude noises?