CraftBanter

-   -   some finishes for me (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=96018)

claudia June 21st 08 07:15 PM

some finishes for me

For those of you who remember me asking about thick batting some time
ago, and remember what I wanted it for, you may be interested in
seeing what I did with it!

I made a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using the quilt as you
go technique. And placed the blocks in a mountain pattern. Judge for
yourself!

I have also made a test version of a lone star pattern using the
quiltsmart technique.

Don't know if this one will ever get quilted, but like the
technique.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72117102SLaiWA

Claudia

maryd[_3_] June 21st 08 07:40 PM

some finishes for me

Love the log cabin quilt as well as the lone star.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Michelle C[_3_] June 21st 08 07:48 PM

some finishes for me

"claudia" wrote in message
For those of you who remember me asking about thick batting some time
ago, and remember what I wanted it for, you may be interested in
seeing what I did with it!

I made a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using the quilt as you
go technique. And placed the blocks in a mountain pattern. Judge for
yourself!

I have also made a test version of a lone star pattern using the
quiltsmart technique.

Don't know if this one will ever get quilted, but like the
technique.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72117102SLaiWA

Claudia

Lovely Claudia, just lovely!
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Patti June 21st 08 09:59 PM

some finishes for me

They're both lovely, Claudia.

I really like the log cabin arrangement - very pretty.
..
In message
,
claudia writes
For those of you who remember me asking about thick batting some time
ago, and remember what I wanted it for, you may be interested in
seeing what I did with it!

I made a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using the quilt as you
go technique. And placed the blocks in a mountain pattern. Judge for
yourself!

I have also made a test version of a lone star pattern using the
quiltsmart technique.

Don't know if this one will ever get quilted, but like the
technique.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72117102SLaiWA

Claudia

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

[email protected] June 22nd 08 12:58 AM

some finishes for me

On 22 Jun, 04:15, claudia wrote:
For those of you who remember me asking about thick batting some time
ago, and remember what I wanted it for, you may be interested in
seeing what I did with it!

I made a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using the quilt as you
go technique. And placed the blocks in a mountain pattern. Judge for
yourself!

I have also made a test version of a lone star pattern using the
quiltsmart technique.

Don't know if this one will ever get quilted, but like the
technique.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72117102SLaiWA

Claudia

Love the log cabin, very pretty. The LS is terrific too - I wonder
what the 'quiltsmart' technique is? Aren't we all smart??

Cheers
Bronnie

[email protected] June 22nd 08 02:55 AM

some finishes for me

claudia wrote:
For those of you who remember me asking about thick
batting some time
ago, and remember what I wanted it for, you may be
interested in
seeing what I did with it!

I made a log cabin quilt for my king size bed using the
quilt as you
go technique. And placed the blocks in a mountain
pattern. Judge for
yourself!
I have also made a test version of a lone star pattern
using the
quiltsmart technique.
Don't know if this one will ever get quilted, but like
the
technique.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72117102SLaiWA
Claudia

Thanks Jeanne, thata's a very neat application for LS. Might try it
one day.
Cheers
Bronnie

nzlstar*[_2_] June 22nd 08 03:19 AM

some finishes for me

i'd not seen that before either, that i recall anyhow,
Bronnie.
did you look at the other blocks they do that way?
i use regular interfacing method for applique (rather than
the fuseable).
never thot to use it as they have for those designs.
looks do-able and rather useful to me.
j.

wrote...

Roberta Zollner June 22nd 08 01:26 PM

some finishes for me

Well done! That LC looks great on the bed, pretty colors. I'd love to see
your Lone Star quilted!
Roberta in D