CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I need info on buying a knitting machine (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18858)

eric October 19th 03 01:44 PM

I need info on buying a knitting machine

Hi... I am interested in purchasing a knitting machine, but know
absolutely nothing about them.

I'm interested with one that will interface with a computer if that sort
of thing exists. I am also interested in something that can knit
angora, mohair, and thick wool.

Could someone give me some advise or direction? Please email me at

Thanks,

Eric

macon October 19th 03 04:42 PM

There is no such animal. You can't do everything you desire with a single
machine.

The Studio Brand is the only one being currantly manufactured and has an
interface with a computer.

There are 4 different gauge beds, which knit within a specific range of yarn
thicknessess and types. The one that will knit the thick wool, will probably
not knit the angora to a tension that is reasonable with out substantially
increasing the yardage usage.

The ones that love to use mohair are the plastic bed machines, but limited
computer interface.

Do a search on "google" or other search engine for knitting machine sales
or something similar.

MAC, On. Ca.

. net...