CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Announcement: Lampwork Classes (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19)

Laurie July 1st 03 04:24 AM

Announcement: Lampwork Classes

I got this information today. I've taken these classes and they are wonderful
and I can highly recommend both of these teachers. And I can recommend
Asheville as a destination, too.

A Touch of Glass

Visiting Artists

Advanced bead making with James Smircich

Date: Aug14-15, 2003t Cost: 350.00

Date: August 16-17, 2003 t Cost: 350.00

In this two-day class James will personally help each student to form a more
perfect understanding of hot glass and the dynamics of bead making. This class
will help resolve many of the self-taught problems that the intermediate
student faces every day. This class will help the student identify and apply
heat with greater skill. James will help the student identify and apply heat
with greater skill. The student will then be guided to a greater skill level in
the use of the carbon paddle for long bead shaping. James will be happy to
demonstrate any other techniques in his bag of tricks and techniques, just ask.

Finally, with new heat skills and a greater dexterity, the student will be
tutored in the proper control of pattern and design. This is a great class for
the student who wants to rise to a new level of understanding of hot glass bead
making.

Beginning Glass Beadmaking class at Chevron Beads, Asheville, NC- August
9-10-150.00.

A Touch of Glass- 421 Haywood Road- Asheville, NC 28806 - 1 828 258 2749

Call or email for reservations

Email:

The Use of Foul Language in Written Communication: The Tiny Rumblings of the
Ineffectual and Stunted Thinker. The Inability to Think Beyond The Obivious and
The Crude. ~~~Henry A. Byrne

Karen_AZ July 1st 03 02:00 PM

Ohhh yeah! Jim Smircich is an excellent teacher! I took his workshop at the
Corning Gathering a few years ago and was amazed at the differences. Talk
about learning in leaps and bounds!

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs