CraftBanter

-   -   Pirate Fabric (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83875)

Tia Mary May 22nd 07 06:22 PM

Pirate Fabric

Hi Guys,
I got the Pirate fabric from H of P over the weekend and it is
great! The pirates look a lot like the one from the movie and the one
that I thought looked the Captain Jack Sparrow is just perfect! I got
the SMDGD's measurements from DD and will probably start the sun dress
next week.
I'm not sure how this would work in a Pirate quilt -- all of the
design segments are fairly large -- maybe 12" squarish. It looks like
there are two large design groupings and either would make a great
center panel. You could also fussy cut the fabric to show the pirate
faces or the different pirate or shoreline elements in the quilt --
treasure chest, gold "booty", swords, whale, octopus, crab, plants, etc.
It's very nice fabric, too -- made by Alexander Henry. Has a nice
weight to it and a smooth hand. I will probably keep some once I get
the dress finished, R might desperately NEED a pirate quilt -- LOL! If
I have any leftovers, I will post here to see if anyone is interested.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary