CraftBanter

-   -   The Lots of Blocks Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139669)

[email protected] July 28th 15 03:33 PM

The Lots of Blocks Quilt

This quilt is taken from Quick Quilts magazine Augues/September 2015. It is a simple quilt(really needed this after Bear Mountain) using two blocks. One is a square print with different colored sashing around it, then the 2nd square is 4 colored sections with white sashing all around 4 squares but leaving the top and bottom because that sashing is done when quilt rows are sewn together. The style is modern and can be make with scraps and any size needed. Start your rows with the one piece block, then reverse it with the 4 section block on second row. The white sashing seperating the squares is 1 1/2 inches wide. When you get to the outer border they used 2 1/2 inch sashing. It makes a colorful quilt and quick. I think they should of called it lots of sashing quilt. Hope I have explained this in such a way so you all can make this quilt.
Sandy$