CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   animal sound buttons (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20493)

Mary July 25th 03 02:30 AM

animal sound buttons

Hi group. Does anyone know where I can find those buttons that have
animal sounds? I am not sure if they are considered buttons or boxes.
I thought they came in buttons but I may be mistaken. Anyone know
where I can find a good selection?

Thanks. Mary www.glasscrochet.com

Christine O July 25th 03 03:49 PM

There's a chain of shops called Build-a-Bear where one, especially kids
can make up their own stuffed animals.......I bought myself a cow and
had a moo sound box ($3.00) put into her paw......when I squeeze the
paw, my cow moos!

Lula

Lula, I was just going to suggest this when I saw the subject line!
Personally I want the stuffed horse. I asked how long the buttons
last, and the clerk said for about 1000 presses. That's a lot of moos!

Best,
Christine

Teri George July 25th 03 04:49 PM

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:28:23 GMT, Lula
wrote:

There's a chain of shops called Build-a-Bear where one, especially kids
can make up their own stuffed animals.......I bought myself a cow and
had a moo sound box ($3.00) put into her paw......when I squeeze the
paw, my cow moos!

*grin* I had a sheep with wooden dowels for legs. When you turned
her over she would Baaaaaaaaaa. She disappeared in a move,
unfortunately. :(

Teri ~~ Secure online shopping now available
at CraftSoft Publications/Design Encounters Kits
http://www.craftsoft.com
Remove "knot" to email.

Mary July 25th 03 06:41 PM

Thanks, Lula! I will check it out. I appreciate the help.

Mary

Lula wrote in message ...
There's a chain of shops called Build-a-Bear where one, especially kids
can make up their own stuffed animals.......I bought myself a cow and
had a moo sound box ($3.00) put into her paw......when I squeeze the
paw, my cow moos!

The shops have a selection of sound boxes for sale from animal sounds to
little songs or sayings such as....I Love You and so on.
This chain has a web site which I presume to be part of the above name.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

animaux July 26th 03 12:56 AM

On 24 Jul 2003 18:30:37 -0700, (Mary) wrote:

Hi group. Does anyone know where I can find those buttons that have
animal sounds? I am not sure if they are considered buttons or boxes.
I thought they came in buttons but I may be mistaken. Anyone know
where I can find a good selection?

Thanks. Mary
www.glasscrochet.com

I don't know, but you ain't gettin' my "Yo quiero Taco Bell" dog! He has the
button in him. I have another of those little stuffed dogs from Taco Bell and
it says, "I theeenk I yam in love!"

Lula July 27th 03 10:18 AM

Hi Teri,

Sorry to hear you lost your sheep! I'd be "devastated" if one of my
flock of sheep ever got lost.....being Wooly Dreams as well as a
knitter, I've collected a large flock of all types and sizes of wooly
sheep through the years (majority made from real fleece)but none of my
sheep ever made a baa!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Lula July 27th 03 10:18 AM

Hahaha, you're quite right about the paws vs hoofs in bovines.....that
was a real slip......but my stuffed Bessie hooves do look like fat
little "paws"!
Now that I'm thinking of it.....don't believe this Bessie has any
udders!!

Fortunately I got the hooves right in the love story I wrote......The
Moonlight Romance.......Elmo and Bessie (cow & bull) are "hoofing it up"
under the moonlight.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com