CraftBanter

-   General Crafting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Toy Chest Pics (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=124604)

NWITileGuy August 21st 11 10:49 PM

Toy Chest Pics

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a file of my favorite kind of toy chest. I would like to see other craftsman's toy chest pictures if there are any. I am interested to hear what you guys think and if you would purchase something like this for your children or grandchildren.

Archard October 27th 11 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWITileGuy (Post 893594)
I have attached a file of my favorite kind of toy chest. I would like to see other craftsman's toy chest pictures if there are any. I am interested to hear what you guys think and if you would purchase something like this for your children or grandchildren.

I would like to build a toy chest for my son's room. i am looking to build something probably 3x2. I want a simple, but nice looking chest. Basic tilt up lid, and possibly have feet.

i am basically looking for basic ideas and design cues. i will be staining when finished, so I will be using a stain quality wood. for cost, i doubt it will be solid or furniture grade wood, so i will need ideas for finishing the edges to hide the layers. Suggestions on wood would be nice...birch, oak, maple, etc.

zabi143 October 28th 11 09:20 PM