CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   differences between bond machines. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=57420)

[email protected] September 26th 05 03:52 PM

differences between bond machines.

Hi,

I'm a newbie looking in buying a 2nd hand Bond machine. I've seen the
Classic, Elite, ISM and USM models on eBay. Are these all different or
basically updated versions of the same thing? Which one is best?
(Somehow I have a feeling the answer to that one is "It depends what
you're looking for!!)

Thanks,
Laura

Autumn September 27th 05 01:01 AM

The Ultimate is the current model. I think you have the order of them as
they came out as you listed them.
http://www.bond-america.com/products/usm.html

As they changed them I think all they did was improve the movement of the
carriage, the bed looks the same and they can be joined together, even if
the color is different. I have two, but would have to go look at them to
tell you which models I have. I know I have the Ultimate, but my older one I
am not sure of, the ISM I think. The first one I got new at a garage sale
for $25, I found two extensions on sale too. I know the older one and the
new one are different colors. I ordered the newest one through, of all
things, my craft book club.

People buy additional ones to hook together to make a wider bed, mostly for
making blankets/lap blankets, without seams.

Hope I have helped.

Jann

oups.com...

Autumn September 30th 05 02:13 AM

The elite is a smaller gauge I think I recall.