CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Knitting needle size (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=114706)

Bea Whitson February 13th 11 08:10 PM

Knitting needle size

I bought some yarn manufactured by a German company. For needle size
it shows 2,5 3,5. I'm not familiar with needle sizes using commas.
I've checked several sites on the net and couldn't find an answer.
Can anyone here help. Thanks

Laura Conrad February 13th 11 09:19 PM

Knitting needle size

"Bea" == Bea Whitson writes:

Bea I bought some yarn manufactured by a German company. For
Bea needle size it shows 2,5 3,5. I'm not familiar with needle
Bea sizes using commas.

Europeans often use commas where we would use periods. And their
knitting needle sizes are measured in millimeters. The table I found
http://knitting.about.com/od/toolsandsupplies/a/needlesize.htm says
that 2.5 mm is between an American 1 and 2, and a 3.5 mm is an American
4.

--
Laura )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Bea Whitson February 13th 11 10:37 PM

Knitting needle size

On Feb 13, 1:19*pm, Laura Conrad wrote:
"Bea" == Bea Whitson writes:

* * Bea I bought some yarn manufactured by a German company. *For
* * Bea needle size it shows 2,5 3,5. *I'm not familiar with needle
* * Bea sizes using commas.

Europeans often use commas where we would use periods. *And their
knitting needle sizes are measured in millimeters. *The table I found
http://knitting.about.com/od/toolsandsupplies/a/needlesize.htm says
that 2.5 mm is between an American 1 and 2, and a 3.5 mm is an American
4.

--
Laura * )
(617) 661-8097 *233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139 *http://www.laymusic.org/http://www.s...blications.org

Laura, thanks so much. I can now start swatching to see which needle
size works best.

Bea