CraftBanter

-   -   Bye for now. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139352)

Shirley August 23rd 14 03:27 PM

Bye for now.

Well dear friends it looks as if I shall be losing you.
My ISP have said they are dropping Usenet in 5 days time. I asked them
if they were dropping the amount I pay since I am losing part of the
service. Alas I did not get a reply.

My son is also with the same provider and is looking at other ways but
they have all been ones that we have to pay for. I am not happy with
that extra layout of cash.

So it will be bye for now. My Life has been enriched by "knowing" you all.
Hugs to all from
Shirley aka Madame Fabergé in the old days when Connie was around.
--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

Pat on the Green August 23rd 14 03:42 PM

Bye for now.

Dear Shirley
I will miss reading your posts very much. Having met Connie (many years
ago now), I feel a real connection with the 'gang' of those days.
I use Giga News now. I pay approximately £4 per month. I know there
are free ones, but for such a good service I don't mind paying such a
small amount. I am pretty sure my ISP uses Giga News, but I went
through a stage when I couldn't get connected via the ISP (though it is
OK at the moment!

I hope you get some satisfaction from someone. I got excited when
searching, because many highlighted the word 'free', but they were all
'free trials'!

Good luck; and if you have to finish, I hope your health stays within
reasonable bounds for you g

Pat on the green
..

Shirley August 23rd 14 07:50 PM

Bye for now.

On 23/08/2014 15:42, pat on the green wrote:
Dear Shirley
I will miss reading your posts very much. Having met Connie (many years
ago now), I feel a real connection with the 'gang' of those days.
I use Giga News now. I pay approximately £4 per month. I know there
are free ones, but for such a good service I don't mind paying such a
small amount. I am pretty sure my ISP uses Giga News, but I went
through a stage when I couldn't get connected via the ISP (though it is
OK at the moment!

I hope you get some satisfaction from someone. I got excited when
searching, because many highlighted the word 'free', but they were all
'free trials'!

Good luck; and if you have to finish, I hope your health stays within
reasonable bounds for you g

Pat on the green

Thanks Pat for your kind words, perhaps we could keep in touch by email.
maryellenatallcraftsdotmyzendotcodotuk.
Hope you can unravel it.
Shirley

.

Julia in MN[_5_] August 24th 14 05:28 PM

Bye for now.

My ISP dropped Usenet several years ago. I now use news.aioe.org for
newsgroups. It is free and I have never had any problems with it.

Julia in MN

Taria August 25th 14 03:42 PM

Bye for now.

I use eternal-september here. It is free. I think there are others able to
use it too.
Hope you can work something out, Shirley. We will miss you if you go.
take care, Taria

Lizzy Taylor August 25th 14 10:34 PM

Bye for now.

On 23/08/2014 15:27, Shirley wrote:
Well dear friends it looks as if I shall be losing you.
My ISP have said they are dropping Usenet in 5 days time. I asked them
if they were dropping the amount I pay since I am losing part of the
service. Alas I did not get a reply.

My son is also with the same provider and is looking at other ways but
they have all been ones that we have to pay for. I am not happy with
that extra layout of cash.

So it will be bye for now. My Life has been enriched by "knowing" you all.
Hugs to all from
Shirley aka Madame Fabergé in the old days when Connie was around.

Hi Shirley,

This is my first attempt at posting via aioe.org

If you can read my message try following this link
http://news.aioe.org/index.php?quickstart-guide and see if your son can
get you back onto Usent with them.

Don't want to lose any more rctq members if we can help it!

Lizzy