CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Question when you slip as if to Purl (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=88003)

Starla Torres October 15th 07 05:45 PM

Question when you slip as if to Purl

When the pattern says to slip as if to Purl, is the yarn in the front or the
back. I always forget. I need to write it down somewhere.

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen October 15th 07 05:58 PM

Question when you slip as if to Purl

Starla it deppends , if you had a k or p Before the slip , thread
stays where it was
mirjam

Mystified One[_2_] October 17th 07 05:50 AM

Question when you slip as if to Purl

I'm doing a shawl that has you slip as if to purl and then yarn over and
then knit the rest of the row. I leave the yarn in back because I YO as
soon as I slip.

"Wooly" nobody@nunya wrote in message
starla torres wrote:
When the pattern says to slip as if to Purl, is the yarn in the front or
the back. I always forget. I need to write it down somewhere.

The pattern ought to specify. Lacking instruction carry the yarn on the
wrong side of the work.