CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=84975)

Barbara Forbes-Lyons June 28th 07 03:36 AM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...

Feedback welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
--
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

bluemaxx June 28th 07 04:21 AM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Love all the noses... especially the ones that Valerie donated. So Cute!
And your gold heart and bottles are fantastic! Your switchplace is also
cool, and I love your sterling ring! Beautiful design on that...

You've been busy, grrl! :)

--
hugs,
Linda

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
: Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...
:
: Feedback welcome!
:
:
: http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
: --
: Barbara
:
: Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué
:

Dicon[_2_] June 28th 07 08:09 AM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...

Feedback welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
--
Barbara

Great fun, love the noses as well, a bit weird though.
Sniff.....sniff.....

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
to get me remove removethisbit.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons June 28th 07 09:01 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

The nose project was to cheer up my MIL, who lost her nose to melanoma
last year. She's starting the reconstruction process next week,
finally!

Barbara Forbes-Lyons June 28th 07 09:02 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Not as busy as I'd like to be...but more than I was!

Thanks for looking...I've been wearing that ring every day since I
made it. Want to make more and stack them.

Zk June 28th 07 09:41 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

I really like the green faux stone beads! Remind me of Japanese architecture
/ pottery / woodworks. Do you make the shaped ones with a mold?

Your crocheted rope is great too! Looks so nice, tight and even.

Where did you get your bottles for the bottle of hope projects? I wonder if
there's somewhere local I could get some -- was thinking about covering them
with bead weaving.
--
KathyZ

Dicon[_2_] June 28th 07 10:19 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
oups.com...
The nose project was to cheer up my MIL, who lost her nose to melanoma
last year. She's starting the reconstruction process next week,
finally!

Good luck to her.
What a wonderful bit of lateral thinking on your part.
8¬)

PenguinTrax June 29th 07 05:45 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Kathy,

All my beads are formed by hand, some are textured with stamps and
other objects.

My current stash of bottles for BOH came from a member at the Ocala FL
Guild. But, if you call your local hospital's cancer area and ask them
to save bottles for you from the anti-nausea meds (forget the name,
sorry), you can get scads of them. There are instructions on how to
clean and prep the bottles at the Bottles of Hope site (http://
www.bottlesofhope.org). Beaded ones would be beautiful!

Barbara

Zk June 29th 07 09:04 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Barbara,

I'm amazed at how you are able to make those beads so uniform by hand.
They're really lovely.

Thanks for the info on the bottles; I'll check around.
--
KathyZ

oups.com...

Valerie June 29th 07 09:25 PM

Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Thanks Linda!

--
Valerie

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
. ..