CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Learn to Knit CD (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=47035)

Brenda Harris March 21st 05 07:07 PM

Learn to Knit CD

Can anyone tell me of a good Learn-to-knit CD? My 8 year old neice wants to
learn to knit, and because we don't live near each other, I have been
putting her off. BUt I thought that if I could get her started and then send
her home with a CD for her computer, she would be able to manage on her own
until our next visit. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brenda

Carey N. March 22nd 05 10:30 PM

Brenda,
If your neice has online access, she could try looking at the instructions
at:

http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/knitting/index.html

HTH,
Carey in MA

Gallagher March 22nd 05 10:53 PM

Another good online site is http://www.knittinghelp.com/. They have free
online videos or some for purchase.

Abi

jajmd March 22nd 05 11:40 PM

Brenda Harris wrote:
Can anyone tell me of a good Learn-to-knit CD? My 8 year old neice wants to
learn to knit, and because we don't live near each other, I have been
putting her off. BUt I thought that if I could get her started and then send
her home with a CD for her computer, she would be able to manage on her own
until our next visit. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brenda

Knitting Made Easy from Coats & Clark is pretty helpful. I got mine at
AC Moore, but I think the Herschnerrs has them, too.

Judy

jajmd March 22nd 05 11:45 PM

Gallagher wrote:
Another good online site is http://www.knittinghelp.com/. They have free
online videos or some for purchase.

Abi

This is a GREAT site - thanks!

Judy

Brenda Harris March 24th 05 12:38 AM

Thanks Abi. I'll try this site.
Brenda

Nunya March 25th 05 12:30 PM

I can't speak about the CDs, but I bought a learn to knit kit(Baby Booties
and hat - lion brand), and I learned very easily. It comes with a pattern,
small learn to knit booklet, yarn, needles, and weaving needle. They also
have scarves, and a hat and scarf kit.
Don't know if that helps
Chris

Brenda Harris March 26th 05 11:58 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions for online learn-to knit help. My
neice got along famously - knitting about 5 inches on a 12 stiitch head band
while she was here for Easter dinner. OUr goal is to get goood enough to
make a poncho for a 6 month old friend fo the family. My neice is 'tres'
excited. Thanks again.

Carey N. March 28th 05 02:10 AM

"Brenda Harris" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for your suggestions for online learn-to knit help. My
neice got along famously - knitting about 5 inches on a 12 stiitch head

band
while she was here for Easter dinner. OUr goal is to get goood enough to
make a poncho for a 6 month old friend fo the family. My neice is 'tres'
excited. Thanks again.

Magnifique.
--
Carey in MA
(who had to look up the above comment, so please don't respond in kind....)