CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=84451)

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply June 12th 07 01:03 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO
requested (smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the
scrubby-sponges he is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the
road......

*beaming*

Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of
them to make baby jeans.
--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

karlisa June 12th 07 02:33 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO requested
(smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the scrubby-sponges he
is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the road......

*beaming*

Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of them
to make baby jeans.
--

Cool! I can't wait to see the finished jeans. I had thought about making
that particular pattern a while back, but I knew that I wouldn't have them

lisa

DAB June 12th 07 03:37 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO
requested (smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the
scrubby-sponges he is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the
road......

*beaming*

Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of
them to make baby jeans.

Ok sheesh......I lost the post about the yarn so what is called and where
did you order it fromG

Thanks

Donna

The Other Kim June 12th 07 04:10 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Melinda wrote:

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Now to hurry up and finish this silly scrub pad thingie my 15YO
requested (smaller and thicker than dishcloth to be more like the
scrubby-sponges he is used to using) so I can get this jeans on the
road......

*beaming*

Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of
them to make baby jeans.

You'd be amazed at how much yarn some tiny things can take. It'll be
nice to get those cute little jeans started, won't it??

I just placed an order with Knit Picks for some of their Main Line
yarn - cotton/merino blend - for a sweater for my older daughter. She's
been chomping at the bit for me to make her this sweater - a Knit Picks
pattern for a long-sleeved top - for a while now, so I made an executive
decision on the color for her; I hope she likes it g

I also recently placed an order with The Loopy Ewe for some Supersock in
a nice green and some laceweight - Capellini by Chewy Spaghetti, a yummy
merino/silk blend - in color Sullen (no, not a commentary on my mood
when I ordered it, but a nice variegated blue). I was quite pleased when
my order arrived 2 days after I placed it. They will definitely be
getting more business from me with service like that.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Spike Driver June 12th 07 04:25 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Karlisa wrote:
[...]

Melinda,
Please send a pic!

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply June 12th 07 05:37 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Spike Driver wrote:

Melinda,
Please send a pic!

Uh, I will see what I can do. I'm pretty graphically-challenged and
photography-challenged as well. But my son has a digital camera.

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply June 12th 07 05:38 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

DAB wrote:
Man, these skeins are sure TINY, though..... no wonder it takes 3 of
them to make baby jeans.

Ok sheesh......I lost the post about the yarn so what is called and where
did you order it fromG

It's called Rowan Denim and I got it from yarnmarket.com. It's 100%
cotton yarn that evidently is designed to shrink JUST like blue jeans.
But at roughly $6 for a 50-gram skein, you probably don't want to knit
yourself blue jeans with it LOL.

Vintage Purls June 12th 07 05:43 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

On Jun 12, 4:38 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
It's called Rowan Denim and I got it from yarnmarket.com. It's 100%
cotton yarn that evidently is designed to shrink JUST like blue jeans.
But at roughly $6 for a 50-gram skein, you probably don't want to knit
yourself blue jeans with it LOL.

So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)

VP

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply June 12th 07 05:50 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

Vintage Purls wrote:
But at roughly $6 for a 50-gram skein, you probably don't want to knit
yourself blue jeans with it LOL.

So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)

No, you are paying a premium for yarn that *looks and acts just like
denim does*. And it's just a little pair of baby jeans *shrug*.

Vintage Purls June 12th 07 06:55 AM

YES!!!! MY DENIM YARN CAME!!!!

On Jun 12, 4:50 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
So let me get this right - you have to pay a premium for yarn that
shrinks and fades? ;-)

No, you are paying a premium for yarn that *looks and acts just like
denim does*. And it's just a little pair of baby jeans *shrug*.

I'm just teasing you Melinda. :-)