CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tell your best reaction to a surprise story, can be bead related. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=75350)

[email protected] September 16th 06 08:00 AM

Tell your best reaction to a surprise story, can be bead related.

Today two of my friends surprised me at a craft show. I was admiring
some hats and reluctantly walked away without buying one (it's time to
pay property taxes - ugh!) and then I ran back and got the vendor's
card so I could mail order a sun hat. I have a gargantuan head, it's
hard to find a hat to fit, so I really did plan on buying one next
month.

Well, my friends and I sat down to have coffee and they told me to
close my eyes. I thought they probably bought me some fudge (mmmm), but
no, they had bought me the hat! I was so surprised, I smacked the ****
out of both of them. I really did! Then I hugged them. This reaction
delighted them, because they said I am normally very calm. It goes to
show I have friends who are very understanding, because I may very well
have bruised them.

The hat is so great for walking and gardening and looks excellent with
any of my many pairs of beaded earrings. It's black, embroidered all
over with white flowers. I could pin a big beaded flower and gauzy
scarf to it and it would look smashing.

Any other good surprise stories?
Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz