CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   African American Counted Cross Stitch (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139789)

[email protected] January 2nd 16 03:57 AM

African American Counted Cross Stitch

On Monday, June 30, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, DJackson wrote:
I was hoping that someone could help me by suggesting where I could find
cross stitch patterns of African American people.

I know that I could always change the skin color of other cross stitch
patterns, but that still does not lend to the fact that each race has
different features.

I have tried a few places, only to find Designs by Janet Powers, Southern
Roots Series...but her patterns lack the DETAIL I'm looking for by showing
the race as faceless field hands or servants. (There have got to be other
patterns!)

Please help me with this search for quality cross stitch of African
Americans.

Thanks. D

Stoney Creek Fields of Dixie