CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Advice requested for newbie knitter (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103267)

Carol[_2_] June 7th 09 11:44 AM

Advice requested for newbie knitter

I was gifted some lovely recycled sari yarn, variegated (6 skeins) and
white (30 skeins). Can anyone suggest any interesting and easy
patterns (Easy being key) that would take advantage of this type of
yarn?

Thanks so much,

Carol

[email protected] June 7th 09 01:31 PM

On Jun 7, 1:44*pm, Carol wrote:
I was gifted some lovely recycled sari yarn, variegated (6 skeins) and
white (30 skeins). Can anyone suggest any interesting and easy
patterns (Easy being key) that would take advantage of this type of
yarn?

Thanks so much,

Carol

Sorry i never saw any sari yarn , wish you well knitting with it , Why
not Google for a pattern ?
mirjam

Bernadette[_3_] June 7th 09 01:56 PM

Carol wrote:

I was gifted some lovely recycled sari yarn, variegated (6 skeins) and
white (30 skeins). Can anyone suggest any interesting and easy
patterns (Easy being key) that would take advantage of this type of
yarn?

Thanks so much,

Carol

There are some free patterns for wearable garments at:
http://www.mangomoonyarns.com/group2.php
or at: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTunbiased.html for a knitting
bag. Manufacturers recommend washing the yarn before using it as it softens
the fibre and makes it more pliable. I hope this helps.

--
Bernadette