CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ceramichrome kiln (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17565)

Duano April 10th 04 07:45 PM

Ceramichrome kiln

I recently purchased a used kiln with the Ceramichrome brand name on
it. I don't think they make kilns anymore as my searches come up
blank. Did another company make them for Ceramichrome and they put
their name on it? Would like to know in case I need replacement parts
or any accessories that may be still available. The kiln works fine
right now. Any info would be helpful.

wayneinkeywest April 10th 04 10:04 PM

Duano:
Go to Google.com, and enter "Ceramichrome" as the search term.
There are over ten pages of entries.
Hope that helps,
Wayne Seidl

om...

bbb4951 March 19th 05 03:46 PM

I just purchased a used ceramichrome kiln, but it doesn't have an
instruction book. Any chance you have one and would be willing to share
info?

Thanks for your help

nrmcpherson April 22nd 05 09:33 PM

I'm in the same boat as you others who bought a Ceramichrome kiln. I don't
have any kind of manual and have done the search thing and there just
seems to be dead ends all the way through. I would appreciate getting my
hands on a manual. I'm just setting up my studio and will be firing
pottery at cone 6. It was suggested to me that before I try to buy a book
on operating electric kilns in general, I should attempt to find a
manual... Help!!!

Barbara Murray February 15th 11 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrmcpherson (Post 406268)
I'm in the same boat as you others who bought a Ceramichrome kiln. I don't
have any kind of manual and have done the search thing and there just
seems to be dead ends all the way through. I would appreciate getting my
hands on a manual. I'm just setting up my studio and will be firing
pottery at cone 6. It was suggested to me that before I try to buy a book
on operating electric kilns in general, I should attempt to find a
manual... Help!!!

Hi I used to teach ceramics years ago and have found an address that might be of help to you. ICS 1616 Spencer Ave, Indianapolis, IN46203 Phone no(317) 955 8444. They sell ceramichrome kilns, hope this helps you and other ceramichrome kiln owners who have problems
barbara