CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pen/pencil kits for micro beads - just a thought. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3656)

Larry Rubin January 12th 04 04:30 AM

Pen/pencil kits for micro beads - just a thought.

Hello

I hate to introduce myself with a sales pitch, but I have a 4 year old
daughter who made a pen today in a local art store with micro beads
(which I had never even heard of) and a pen kit, where she basically
covered a Bic type pen with these beads and bead tape. I happen to
sell pen kits to polymer clay crafters, and I realized that anyone
using micro beads might want to try these pen kits -they are much
nicer than the Bic style, and they are inexpensive, starting at $2.65
and going DOWN in price with quantity. These kits would only work
with micro beads though...

The kits come with 24kt gold plated (or silver plated) parts for the
clip, top, band, and tip. These metal finishes are much more
attractive than cheap disposable type pens. The body of the pen is
comprised of 2 brass barrels, each about 2 inches long which you would
cover with bead tape and then add the micro beads...The kits come in
gold, silver and satin, and because we import directly, our prices are
low and we sell both retail and wholesale. The kits can be seen on
our website - http://www.polymerclayprojects.com/Pens.htm
In the pictures, the pens are covered with polymer clay, but imagine
them covered with micro-beads. I think it would work very well.
I'd be very interested in hearing what people think...if anyone would
like to contact me, please feel free. I would love to have feedback
about this. I can be reached at .

Thanks for your time!

(Oh, and although the kits come with all of the parts, you still have
to assemble the parts. This would require either a vise, or clamp,
or a rubber mallet.)