CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What machines are now made? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18963)

David Lawrence September 20th 04 08:16 PM

What machines are now made?

I was thinking of returning to machine knitting after a long absence but I
now gather that major manufacturers like Brother and Passap have withdrawn.
Is anyone still making knitting machines?

In hope,
Argel

Shannon October 5th 04 03:00 AM

Where did you find a place to order back copies? I haven't had any luck
finding them and being in Canada doesn't help:( Thanks, Shannon

Jue October 5th 04 09:18 PM

Yes, Silver Reed are still making Knitting machines.I asked the same
question to a couple of dealers who told me they were the only ones still
making them.
I like you have just returned to machine knitting after a few years and was
a little shocked to find that Brother and Passap are nolonger making these
machines. I also went to subscribe to Machine knitting news only to be told
that as of November this year they will not be printed anymore, so I am
having to purchase back copies, so if you want these you had better order
them quick.!!

Jue October 7th 04 05:32 PM

Oh well I am from the UK, so have the ;ocal printers that I send off to. I
you have an old copy, it might tell you an address you can write or phone.

Jue
. ..