CraftBanter

-   -   Shopping at a thrift/charity stop - Vic. Aust. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139508)

[email protected] February 28th 15 04:43 AM

Shopping at a thrift/charity stop - Vic. Aust.

Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls charity shop for A$39 - will probably get about 20 baby quilts for the Children's Hospital out of them. I love unfinished quilts.

I was talked into going into the shop but I am very glad I did.
Can't wait for the cooler months to start squaring them up, re-cutting etc.
Some of then are very badly put together but I am imagining them being done with love.

Wish me luck.

Di
Vic.

[email protected] February 28th 15 05:54 AM

On Saturday, 28 February 2015 15:43:05 UTC+11, wrote:
Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls charity shop for A$39 - will probably get about 20 baby quilts for the Children's Hospital out of them. I love unfinished quilts.

I was talked into going into the shop but I am very glad I did.
Can't wait for the cooler months to start squaring them up, re-cutting etc.
Some of then are very badly put together but I am imagining them being done with love.

Wish me luck.

Di
Vic.

Good luck Di !
LOL

Deein Oz

Bobbie Sews More February 28th 15 02:14 PM

wrote in message

Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls charity shop
for A$39 - will probably get about 20 baby quilts for the Children's
Hospital out of them. I love unfinished quilts.

I was talked into going into the shop but I am very glad I did.
Can't wait for the cooler months to start squaring them up, re-cutting etc.
Some of then are very badly put together but I am imagining them being done
with love.

Wish me luck.

Di
Vic.

Sounds like a fun project!
Barbara in Florida, USA

Brian[_3_] March 3rd 15 12:57 PM

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:43:03 -0800, dima70 wrote:

Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls charity
shop for A$39 - will probably get about 20 baby quilts for the
Children's Hospital out of them. I love unfinished quilts.

I was talked into going into the shop but I am very glad I did.
Can't wait for the cooler months to start squaring them up, re-cutting
etc.
Some of then are very badly put together but I am imagining them being
done with love.

Wish me luck.

Di Vic.

That sounds really good all around - they were made with love, and they
are being repurposed with love.

From what you say in the message, I doubt you are finished or even
started, and I think it would be neat to take before and after pictures
of the quilts, even if just with your phone, then posting the pictures on
flickr or whatever.

Brian Christiansen

[email protected] March 5th 15 12:44 AM

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 11:57:49 PM UTC+11, Brian wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:43:03 -0800, dima70 wrote:

Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls charity
shop for A$39 - will probably get about 20 baby quilts for the
Children's Hospital out of them. I love unfinished quilts.

I was talked into going into the shop but I am very glad I did.
Can't wait for the cooler months to start squaring them up, re-cutting
etc.
Some of then are very badly put together but I am imagining them being
done with love.

Wish me luck.

Di Vic.

That sounds really good all around - they were made with love, and they
are being repurposed with love.

From what you say in the message, I doubt you are finished or even
started, and I think it would be neat to take before and after pictures
of the quilts, even if just with your phone, then posting the pictures on
flickr or whatever.

Brian Christiansen

I haven't started them yet, but thanks for the reminder to take photos - I did think of that a while ago but never got around to. Will do that today.

Di