CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Maybe a useful tip. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113063)

F.James Cripwell January 1st 11 10:02 PM

Maybe a useful tip.

I have been finishing off other people's UFOs for a few months. I have
got back to my piece; a waterlily, for which I produced the pattern with
Pattern Maker. So the pattern is on 12 sheets of paper. When I stopped,
there was a large chunk of stitching in DMC 712, which went over two
pages. So I finished the edge of one page irregularly, so as to hide any
edge. I have come to this part. Now I know I am using exactly the same
skein of 712, so there is absolutely no differenc in the floss. However,
I can quite clearly see the difference between the two sets of stitching.

I am not worried. The new part is cleaner, and shinier. So when it has
been around a little, it will look exactly the same as the bit I did
months ago. It could be nearly a year. So if this happens to anyone,
dont worry. It will all come right in the end. Jim.

F.James Cripwell January 2nd 11 11:20 AM

Maybe a useful tip.

) writes:
On 1 Jan 2011 22:02:16 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

I have been finishing off other people's UFOs for a few months. I have
got back to my piece; a waterlily, for which I produced the pattern with
Pattern Maker. So the pattern is on 12 sheets of paper. When I stopped,
there was a large chunk of stitching in DMC 712, which went over two
pages. So I finished the edge of one page irregularly, so as to hide any
edge. I have come to this part. Now I know I am using exactly the same
skein of 712, so there is absolutely no differenc in the floss. However,
I can quite clearly see the difference between the two sets of stitching.

I am not worried. The new part is cleaner, and shinier. So when it has
been around a little, it will look exactly the same as the bit I did
months ago. It could be nearly a year. So if this happens to anyone,
dont worry. It will all come right in the end. Jim.

Are you sure it came off the skein in the same direction as previously
- if you can figure what I mean. The nap could be different.

I use loop starts, so I cannot see how I can use the floss in a different
direction. Jim.

Dianne Lewandowski January 2nd 11 02:37 PM

Maybe a useful tip.

On 1/1/2011 4:19 PM, wrote:

Are you sure it came off the skein in the same direction as previously
- if you can figure what I mean. The nap could be different.

A skein of floss is a double helix. Identical on both ends. There is
no nap, although that's a hard myth to overcome.

Dianne

MargW January 7th 11 08:19 PM

Maybe a useful tip.

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
On 1/1/2011 4:19 PM, wrote:

Are you sure it came off the skein in the same direction as previously
- if you can figure what I mean. The nap could be different.

A skein of floss is a double helix. Identical on both ends. There is no
nap, although that's a hard myth to overcome.

Dianne

Thanks Diane:

It's amazing how many people will swear to that. I've never seen the
difference, and I've been stitching 35 years. When I can I like to do
loop start like Jim, but there are times when it's impossible or
difficult to do.

MargW

lanschemmbo January 22nd 11 07:39 AM

Hello Modders

Is there any way to implement the shaking that airplanes suffer when the airbrakes come out in the game to simulate a turbulence when we are getting close to the refueling tanker?

Thanks in advance
Skuda