CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New and interested (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83651)

Heleena May 13th 07 07:05 PM

New and interested

Hello Group!

I am new to making polymer clay beads.
I can make some cool designs by twisting 2 or 3 rolls of color and cutting
little pieces off and rolling them into beads.
I was hoping that someone could maybe post a few links where I might be able
to see more techniques.
I don't want to keep making beads the same way over and over... it's going
to get boring, fast!

I'll be making beads for:
necklaces
bracelets
anklets
earrings

and so far, that's all I know.
I hope you all can help guide me with some new ideas and resources.

Thanks,
Heleena

turtlelover May 13th 07 10:40 PM

New and interested

Heleena wrote:
Hello Group!

I am new to making polymer clay beads.
I can make some cool designs by twisting 2 or 3 rolls of color and cutting
little pieces off and rolling them into beads.
I was hoping that someone could maybe post a few links where I might be able
to see more techniques.
I don't want to keep making beads the same way over and over... it's going
to get boring, fast!

I'll be making beads for:
necklaces
bracelets
anklets
earrings

and so far, that's all I know.
I hope you all can help guide me with some new ideas and resources.

Thanks,
Heleena

Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of polymer clay!

First, I suggest visiting http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/ where many talented and friendly people "live." Click on the "message board" link on the left; in order to post, you must be a forum member (Delphi).

For lots more of helpful information, Diane Black has gathered lots of information and posted it at her site, http://www.glassattic.com . No pictures, but discussions of how-to-do things, etc.

Between these two sites, you'll have plenty of eye candy and inspiration!

Best of luck,
Turtlelover

mermaidscove_com May 14th 07 08:26 AM

New and interested

This site has lots of pictures of good easy techniques:
http://www.norajean.com/

Here is a favorite technique:
http://www.lindlyhaunani.com/tips/mokume.html

http://www.sculpey.com/projects_jewelry.htm

http://www.pcpolyzine.com/tutorials.html

There's lots more too, it can help to look at lampwork and ceramic
beads for ideas and inspiration.

Sarajane Helm May 14th 07 11:03 PM

New and interested

hi there Heleena!
please do come visit at my site, there are over 160 pages of polymer clay
info and pics.

http://polyclay.com

Sarajane

--