CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Site Monitoring (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=112702)

Maureen Grace-Miller December 17th 10 01:24 PM

Site Monitoring

Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out. :(

Maureen

Lizzy Taylor December 17th 10 02:01 PM

Site Monitoring

On 17/12/2010 13:24, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out. :(

As this is an unmoderated usenet newsgroup it is not possible to prevent
advertisers from posting here. However, by using a filtered newsfeed or
using the filtering options in your news reader it should be possible to
prevent most of the adverts & spam reaching your eyes.

I read using Thunderbird as my news reader and block as many ads as I
can with that.

Lizzy

suzeeq December 17th 10 07:41 PM

Site Monitoring

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 17/12/2010 13:24, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out. :(

As this is an unmoderated usenet newsgroup it is not possible to prevent
advertisers from posting here. However, by using a filtered newsfeed or
using the filtering options in your news reader it should be possible to
prevent most of the adverts & spam reaching your eyes.

I read using Thunderbird as my news reader and block as many ads as I
can with that.

Lizzy

Right, if you use a good newsserver they filter out most of them; I only
see 3 or 4 a week, maybe. Even if one uses Google groups, there's an
addon you can get for Firefox that filters them.

mirjam December 20th 10 01:33 PM

Site Monitoring

On Dec 17, 3:24*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:
Wow, what happened to this site? *I've been away for a long time but now
that I'm back I'm seeing one message for every ten to twenty adverts.
This site should be monitored to keep the advertisiers out. :(

Maureen

Maureen many of the regular writers moved out to a closed moderated
group , after a nasty `flood of nasty ofensive posts .
Was there any knitting or crochet matter that you wanted to discuss?
mirjam