CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Yellow to White Gold (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=53118)

Frank July 9th 05 02:14 AM

Yellow to White Gold

I have a yellow gold wedding ring and would like to have it cast into either
white gold or platinum. Is there any company or process out there that would
allow me to take my sacred ring and redesign it with white gold or platinum?

Thanks,
Frank

Heinrich Butschal July 9th 05 05:52 PM

Frank schrieb:
I have a yellow gold wedding ring and would like to have it cast into e=

ither=20
white gold or platinum. Is there any company or process out there that =

would=20
allow me to take my sacred ring and redesign it with white gold or plat=

inum?
=20
Thanks,
Frank

The suggested way should be to make a rubber form in non shrinking=20
silicone from your wedding ring, and then cast in white gold or platinum =

in lost wax casting process.
e.g. like he
http://www.schmuck-boerse.com/blog/
or here the special article:
http://www.schmuck-boerse.com/blog/2...nlicher-note.=
html

I think quite a lot of goldsmiths in Your region mihgt be able to do this=
=2E

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF,
Heinrich Butschal

--=20
www.schmuck-boerse.com
www.meister-atelier.de
www.schmuckfabrik.de
www.royal-magazin.de

Frank July 12th 05 04:09 PM

No, I was thinking about plating the yellow gold with platinum or white
gold. Does anyone do this?

How about melting this ring down and mixing it with other white gold or
platinum?

I want to use the essence of this ring, not make a duplicate.

Thanks,
Frnak

Heinrich Butschal July 14th 05 02:57 AM

Frank schrieb:
No, I was thinking about plating the yellow gold with platinum or white=

=20
gold. Does anyone do this?
=20
How about melting this ring down and mixing it with other white gold or=

=20
platinum?
=20
I want to use the essence of this ring, not make a duplicate.

=B4
The result will be a horrible greenish/grey colour. If You like this You =
might=20
order such things.

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF,
Heinrich Butschal