CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hemp yarns? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=43299)

spampot October 11th 04 08:03 PM

Hemp yarns?

Has anyone used the hemp yarns at lanaknit.com? I'd like to try them
but wondered what others thought of them.

Els van Dam October 11th 04 09:15 PM

In article , spampot
wrote:

Has anyone used the hemp yarns at lanaknit.com? I'd like to try them
but wondered what others thought of them.

No I have not bought hemp yarns, but I have worked with it and I love
hemp. I also have several t-shirts made out of hemp/cotton blend and love
these as well. After washing they become soft and great to wear.

Sorry, this does not help you at all does it....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

spampot October 12th 04 06:30 PM

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , spampot
wrote:

Has anyone used the hemp yarns at lanaknit.com? I'd like to try them
but wondered what others thought of them.

No I have not bought hemp yarns, but I have worked with it and I love
hemp. I also have several t-shirts made out of hemp/cotton blend and love
these as well. After washing they become soft and great to wear.

Sorry, this does not help you at all does it....LOL

Els

Actually it does, since I'm always looking to find interesting hemp yarn
combinations; I made DH & me hemp/wool blend socks and they seem to wear
very well. Thanks!

Els van Dam October 13th 04 12:41 AM

In article , spampot
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , spampot
wrote:

Has anyone used the hemp yarns at lanaknit.com? I'd like to try them
but wondered what others thought of them.

No I have not bought hemp yarns, but I have worked with it and I love
hemp. I also have several t-shirts made out of hemp/cotton blend and love
these as well. After washing they become soft and great to wear.

Sorry, this does not help you at all does it....LOL

Els

Actually it does, since I'm always looking to find interesting hemp yarn
combinations; I made DH & me hemp/wool blend socks and they seem to wear
very well. Thanks!

Yes they do, one of our Guild members loves spinning hemp and she often
blends it with other fibers. What I have seen of her handspun/handknitted
socks, is that they are all lovely soft.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome