PDA

View Full Version : purchasing a gas kiln

TwoKats
November 9th 03, 10:38 PM
hi all,

my husband and i are planning a move to a new home in a couple of years, and
part of the plan includes a studio space for me, in which i plan to install
a small gas kiln. my question is, how much can i expect to pay for a new
kiln, about 10-12 cubic feet. how safe is it to purchase a used gas kiln
and what should i look for if the opportunity should present itself?

thanks in advance for any help you can give!

David Coggins
November 10th 03, 08:25 AM
Might be a good idea to include your location.

"TwoKats" > wrote in message
m...
> hi all,
>
> my husband and i are planning a move to a new home in a couple of years,
and
> part of the plan includes a studio space for me, in which i plan to
install
> a small gas kiln. my question is, how much can i expect to pay for a new
> kiln, about 10-12 cubic feet. how safe is it to purchase a used gas kiln
> and what should i look for if the opportunity should present itself?
>
> thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Slgraber
November 15th 03, 03:08 PM
years ago i stumbled onto a high school thatdiscontinued their pottery program
and i was able to buy ALL their equipment for $1000. including the kiln. (i
never measured the kiln, but it was about as big as a coke machine). so check
your local high schools for old equipment. it's a shame they have been
dropping art programs, but we all should at least pick up the materials and put
them to use.

after refurbishing the kiln it worked very well.

i lived in lakewood, california. population of 80,000. i got city permits for
the gas line which cost me $15.

steve

>Subject: purchasing a gas kiln
>From: "TwoKats"
>Date: 11/9/2003 2:38 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>hi all,
>
>my husband and i are planning a move to a new home in a couple of years, and
>part of the plan includes a studio space for me, in which i plan to install
>a small gas kiln. my question is, how much can i expect to pay for a new
>kiln, about 10-12 cubic feet. how safe is it to purchase a used gas kiln
>and what should i look for if the opportunity should present itself?
>
>thanks in advance for any help you can give!

steve graber

Google