PDA

View Full Version : firing lo fire with a bisque load

Marmaj40
September 11th 03, 04:57 AM
Can I fire a glazed ^05 or 04 with a bisque load of stoneware? Somewhere in my
memory that is a no-no, but wanted to see for sure from the group.
thanks--Martha

Dewitt
September 11th 03, 05:20 AM
On 11 Sep 2003 03:57:56 GMT, (Marmaj40) wrote:

>Can I fire a glazed ^05 or 04 with a bisque load of stoneware? Somewhere in my
>memory that is a no-no, but wanted to see for sure from the group.
>thanks--Martha

I've read that outgassing by the pieces being bisqued can affect the
glaze on the other pieces. It probably depends on the clay and glazes
used. You might want to try it with a test piece.

deg

Steve Mills
September 11th 03, 07:50 AM
If you want to bisque your stoneware that high then go for it; I have
glaze fired ^06 glazes with stoneware bisque, no problem, just make sure
the kiln is well vented, bisque fumes can upset some glazes.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article >, Marmaj40