PDA

View Full Version : Re: Advice on studio size

Robert B II
July 23rd 03, 09:42 AM
GaSeku wrote:
>> Hi all!
>> My husband has surprised me by saying he wants to build be a studio,
>> Maybe just to get me out of his shop area, but who cares? I would
>> like your opinion on what size would be comfortable and practical. I
>> am not a professional potter so I won't need as much room as they
>> would. I do have a kiln. Any suggestions on dimensions?
>> Thanks,
>> GES

Get the money as cash and take a holiday OS

--
Robert B* II

ShambhalaPottery
July 23rd 03, 01:17 PM
It depends on the equipment you intend to use, whether or no you intend to make
your own glazes, how much clay and raw materials you intend to keep on hand,
etc.
No one can tell you how big it should be because that all depends on many
factors -- how much work you intend to make, what scale of work, machinery
you'll be using, whether or not you'll be the only person in the studio, etc.
Figure those things out and then add another 10-20% of space for the things for
forgot about. :-)
Get some graph paper and layout the tables, ware cart/shelvng, work tables,
stools, chairs, wheel, sink, storage bins or tables, etc and that will give a
good idea of what you will need.

Regards,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery//

GaSeku
July 23rd 03, 05:28 PM
Hi June,
The studio is in the works. The slab is poured, the framing's done and the
walls are in the process of going up! I LOOKS big enough. I can't remember the
size exacly, hubby's in charge of the final details, but it's something like 14
or 16 x 20.
Gaye

Cee White
July 23rd 03, 06:05 PM
Robert,

Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
Not nice........

Catherine

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:12:22 +0930, "Robert B II"
> wrote:

>GaSeku wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>> My husband has surprised me by saying he wants to build be a studio,
>>> Maybe just to get me out of his shop area, but who cares? I would
>>> like your opinion on what size would be comfortable and practical. I
>>> am not a professional potter so I won't need as much room as they
>>> would. I do have a kiln. Any suggestions on dimensions?
>>> Thanks,
>>> GES
>
>Get the money as cash and take a holiday OS

Robert B II
July 26th 03, 03:04 PM
Cee White wrote:
>> Robert,
>>
>> Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
>> Not nice........

are you the NG controller?
copy/paste works for you obviously.
If I feel like trolling a NG with friend who happens to be a very good
comercial potter and decide to 'post' a comment sarcastic or other wise , I
WILL.....and you can sit on ya wheel and SPIN BABY

--
Robert B* II

Robert B II
July 27th 03, 11:54 AM
Jan Clauson wrote:
>> You are indeed a rude twerp, aren't you, Sweetcheeks?
>>
>> Jan C.

And your probably a Yank...Hot Dickerty Dog?

--
Robert B* II

Steve Mills
July 28th 03, 12:02 AM
Go and troll somewhere else. This NG is way above your intellectual
level.

In article >, Robert B II <removebusha

--
Steve Mills
Bath

Robert B II
July 28th 03, 04:50 PM
Cee White wrote:
>> And while we're at it ...........
>>
>> "And your probably a Yank"
>> is correctly written:
>> And you're probably a Yank.
>>

>>> And your probably a Yank...Hot Dickerty Dog?

That was deliberately misspelled for benefit of the worlds greatest abusers
of the English language. Even your leader has trouble stinging big words
together, so he sticks with the small ones like war, kill, tanks, guns, big
guns, WMDs,...need I say more?
Steve, there is nothing intellectual about spinning clay into pots...best
you go back to watching Homer for that.

--
Robert B* II

Steve Mills
July 28th 03, 11:45 PM
You are an expert?

Steve
Bath
UK

--
Steve Mills
Bath

GaSeku
July 29th 03, 08:46 PM
Not sure what you are apologizing for, but appreciate how considerate you were
in offering it. Apology accepted simply because it was so graciously given. :-)

SpunMud
July 29th 03, 11:43 PM
man! i don't know who bob's great "commercial potter" friend is, but that
great potter needs to limit his freeloading buddy's time on-line to porn or
something other topic equally suiting rather than allow him to bother people,
be they "yanks," "limeys" (sp?) or whatever other ethno-centric word you can
use to describe good people.

Robert B II
July 30th 03, 08:43 AM
SpunMud wrote:
>> man! i don't know who bob's great "commercial potter" friend is,
>> but that great potter needs to limit his freeloading buddy's time
>> on-line to porn or something other topic equally suiting rather than
>> allow him to bother people, be they "yanks," "limeys" (sp?) or
>> whatever other ethno-centric word you can use to describe good
>> people.

no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates who come
around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and children and
steal their assets!

--
Robert B* II

MKent41616
July 30th 03, 03:18 PM
>no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates who come
>around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
>Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and children and
>steal their assets!

>--
>Robert B* II

all i can say to that is i agree. but hey BOB remember that thing called the
british empire where they did that. All i want to say is people in glass
houses, shouldn't throw stones.

everyone else reading this i appologise but if you feel like responding take it
to email.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Robert B II
July 31st 03, 03:31 PM
MKent41616 wrote:
>>> no 'freeloaders' here or 'buddies' for that matter, we have mates
>>> who come around and use MY cpu. The names robert.......spu.
>>> Good people don't invade other countries, shoot-up women and
>>> children and steal their assets!
>>

>> all i can say to that is i agree. but hey BOB remember that thing
>> called the british empire where they did that. All i want to say is
>> people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.
>>
>> everyone else reading this i appologise but if you feel like
>> responding take it to email.
>>
>> "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
>> lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
>>
>> -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

I'm not from the 'old county' either...why apologise...do potters have
'sensitive feelings' and don't discuss world politics or issues more
challenging than...'what shall I turn this mud into?'
Benny probably owned shares in a gun factory...is that not what your economy
is built apon.
When your economy looks bad, you vote in a dimwit as patsy and then start a
war somewhere.
I said that the minute GB got in with rigged voting and sure enough within a
week he was insulting NK followed shortly after by I.
"Sheep don't carry guns, only cows".....hence the song 'Cows with Guns'.

--
Robert B* II

Dominic Spencer
July 31st 03, 07:24 PM
"Robert B II" > wrote in message
> Cee White wrote:
> >> Robert,
> >>
> >> Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
> >> Not nice........
> >>
> are you the NG controller?
> copy/paste works for you obviously.
> If I feel like trolling a NG with friend who happens to be a very good
> comercial potter and decide to 'post' a comment sarcastic or other wise ,
> WILL.....and you can sit on ya wheel and SPIN BABY
>
> --
> Robert B* II

Dominic Spencer
July 31st 03, 07:30 PM
Be quiet the lot of you or I'll have to split you up. Talk about it after
school.
Dom Spencer
"SpunMud" > wrote in message
> one last thought for bob (with apologies to the rest of you): i agree that
our
> president is not the brightest bulb, unfortunately. and if you were
implying
> that your country's leader (not the medieval vestige which you call a
> monarchy, but rather your prime minister) is brighter, i once again agree.
but
> having observed that, i'm wondering what good it has done for your
country.
> yes, tony is a smart and articulate man, which to many would make his
> lemming-like butt kissing to our president no less contemptable than the
person
> with whom he's chosen to play "follow the leader." after all, let's
remember
> that your fellow countrymen (and women) are "over there" as well. so,
while i
> agree with a recent post that points to your personal hypocrisy, i don't
think
> we need to look so far back as to the days of the empire for its
illustration.
> now, i'm sure you'd like a last word, which will kindly ignore and get
back to
> the interests of this newsgroup. peace.

MKent41616
July 31st 03, 09:37 PM
>--
>Robert B* II

I SAID TAKE IT TO EMAIL

tony
August 9th 03, 05:03 PM
snip
>Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
> sophomoric political views,
unsnip

And what did you just do?? Heard a bunch of complaining but no solutions.

"Jim Carr" > wrote in message
> Robert,
> Many Americans share your opinion that Bush is out of control.
> Personally. I am appalled that he has succeeded in manipulating the
> tragedy of 9-11 into the "justification" for proceeding with his
> hawlkish agenda and what seems to be the final assault on the civil
> liberties we all enjoyed in the states. The right wing goal of grabbing
> control over the liberties of others, far pre-cedes 9-11, indeed it
> precedes the USA. Come to think of it, the USA was formed by a band of
> British immigrants trying to escape the conservative tyranny that the
> british did not invent but most certainly perfected.
> Our current problem is not that Americans are power hungry on an
> individual basis. Rather, many of these same British conservative pricks
> have chased the true lovers of liberty clear across the Atlantic and
> grabbed temporary control of our government.
> TO be fair, it was Tony Blair who first implied Iraqi ties to world
> terrorism and first suggested that the US AND ENGLAND go after Sadam
> post 9-11.
> All this is besides the point however. The problem we have
> regarding this newsgroup is that it is a pottery news group. A place
> for those with a love for all things clay to come and share or discuss
> their common HOBBY. A hobby being a personal activity one engages in for
> the purpose of temporarily escaping the realities of day to day life. A
> persons hobby can bring beauty and joy to their life regardless of
> whatever level of personal struggle the rest of their life might project
> onto them. This newsgroup is like a sanctuary for people who share an
> interest, to relax and enjoy their chosen pastime and escape the harsh
> reality of their daily existence.
> Escape that is, unless some single-topic-obsessed asshole like you
> or Bush decide to ram their personal agenda into every aspect of our
> existence. It is correct to say that this is a PUBLIC newsgroup and one
> is free to rant about any topic of their choosing. But as you might have
> noticed, each "newsgroup" has a title, this one being
> rec.crafts.pottery. The titles being in place so that people of similar
> interest can more easily be directed towards one another. These titles
> provide structure in order to organize the subject matter as to allow
> people to explore their shared interest while escaping the rantings
> that go on in the THOUSANDS of political newsgroups created by people
> like you and Bush for the purpose of pontificating about their own
> myopic political views.
> Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
> sophomoric political views, adds nothing to your cause or credibility.
> It's kind of like an obsessed chicken farmer jumping into a knitting
> pool to rant about the latest grain price increase.
> BTW, thank you Brit's for Rupert Murdoch, we are endlessly
> gratefull.......
>

> jim

Jim Carr
August 9th 03, 05:29 PM
i just took a shower if you MUST know what I just did...

psci_kw
August 9th 03, 05:55 PM
"tony" > wrote in message
> snip
> >Jumping into a pottery newsgroup posting chain, to rant about your
> > sophomoric political views,
> unsnip
>
> And what did you just do?? Heard a bunch of complaining but no solutions.
snip

Aside from the obvious, there _is_ something we can all do about the current
world political situation.
All of us take our LEAST favorite current piece:
-break it into small, sharp shards, collect them all in one place, then

-convince the armies of the world to force our political leaders to walk
across them
multiple times until they get a grip (and no, not A Griffen Grip) and
promise us all peace,
which

-we will then use to our advantage to make more and better pots.

There's a pottery solution to a political problem :>)

Wayne in KW
Isn't it hard enough to make good pots without MORE stress?

Robert B II
August 12th 03, 05:18 AM
psci_kw wrote:
>> "tony" > wrote in message
>>> snip
>>> unsnip
>>>
>>> And what did you just do?? Heard a bunch of complaining but no
>>> solutions. snip
>>
>> Aside from the obvious, there _is_ something we can all do about the
>> current world political situation.
>> All of us take our LEAST favorite current piece:
>> -break it into small, sharp shards, collect them all in one place,
>> then
>>
>> -convince the armies of the world to force our political leaders to
>> walk across them
>> multiple times until they get a grip (and no, not A Griffen Grip) and
>> promise us all peace,
>> which
>>
>> -we will then use to our advantage to make more and better pots.
>>
>> There's a pottery solution to a political problem :>)
>>
>> Wayne in KW
>> Isn't it hard enough to make good pots without MORE stress?

I apologise for OT discussion in this NG but it did get some of you
thinking. In the intrests of your own country each one of you should be
pro-actively addressing what the rest of the world is thinking of you. You
get very little unedited media coverage over there and as a consequence
didn't see 911 coming....the rest of the world did.
Your likely election of another gun-toting film star to a position of
influence has most Aussies ROTFL
Anyway....back to your pots (heads in the sand)

--
Robert B* II

Google