PDA

View Full Version : Re: glue to repair clay wine cooler (wine brique)

Liz
July 5th 03, 06:28 AM
On 07/04/2003 09:02 PM, L Mehl wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I have a porous clay pot which is used to keep a bottle of wine cool,
> once the pot is soaked in water for a while. It looks like the same
> material as the Romertopf clay pot cooker.
>
> It needs gluing back together.
>
> Can readers recommend the correct glue for this purpose?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Larry Mehl

Look for "Gorilla Glue." I think it would probably work. A testimonial
on their site claims to have had success repairing clay pots:
http://www.gorillaglue.com/testimonials/
My mother's house was held together with Gorilla Glue. :-)

Liz

L Mehl
July 5th 03, 05:01 PM
Thanks to all.

I will look into epoxy and gorilla glue.

Color matching is not too important.

Larry

"L Mehl" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> Hello --
>
> I have a porous clay pot which is used to keep a bottle of wine cool, once
> the pot is soaked in water for a while. It looks like the same material
as
> the Romertopf clay pot cooker.
>
> It needs gluing back together.
>
> Can readers recommend the correct glue for this purpose?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Larry Mehl
>

> ---

---

Eddie Daughton
July 7th 03, 09:53 PM
Saint Araldite the Rapid, patron saint of potters everywhere!

"L Mehl" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> Thanks to all.
>
> I will look into epoxy and gorilla glue.
>
> Color matching is not too important.
>
> Larry
>
> "L Mehl" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
> > Hello --
> >
> > I have a porous clay pot which is used to keep a bottle of wine cool,
once
> > the pot is soaked in water for a while. It looks like the same material
> as
> > the Romertopf clay pot cooker.
> >
> > It needs gluing back together.
> >
> > Can readers recommend the correct glue for this purpose?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Larry Mehl
> >

> > ---
> >

> ---

jitney
July 15th 03, 12:37 AM
Over time, I would expect the gorilla glue to hydolyze(break down
chemically with water) and fail. Also, it foams, which may cause
leakage in your application. Better to use an epoxy, JB Weld or Marine
Seal, but there are many other good ones.-Jitney

Google